Community Forum

Due to be shut off tomorrow.

Frequent Visitor

Due to be shut off tomorrow.

I had a promise to pay which is due tomorrow. One of my friends told me he would loan me the money to pay the bill, but now he says he doesn't have it.  I always pay my bill, then last month I got sick I'm also disabled. I was told by my insurance company that everything would be paid , But it wasn't and the doctor didn't want to wait for his money. Therefore I couldn't pay my cable bill. I get paid once a month so my next payday is not until May   Third. That means I will have to sit here with no television for two weeks. Like I said I'm disabled I can't go anywhere    I get that Comcast wants their money. I've offered to give them permission to take an ACH debit out of my account for the full past due amount on May 3 but they say that won't stop  my service from being disconnected. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do? Thanks 

Official Employee

Re: Due to be shut off tomorrow.

Hi there, Benny6toes. The only issue is that you already have a Promise to pay set up. If it does not get fulfilled our system automatically puts a block on a future promise to pays, so we would not be able to do another one. I can see what we can do. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Martin, private message sent. 

Frequent Visitor

Well it happened, A day later than it was supposed to but it still happened.  I guess my mistake was making the promise to pay… I don't now. But here I sit disabled no way to get out of my house and nothing to do but stare at a blank wall . I know someone's going to tell me cable isn't a necessity it's a luxury, but when you're disabled and it's the only thing you have your only  link to the outside world it becomes a little bit more than a luxury. I didn't do this on purpose, I sure wish I hadn't gotten sick, I sure wish the insurance would've paid my whole bill,  I sure wish the doctor would have not wanted his money all at once but he did. And I sure wish Comcast would take an ACH debit for May 3 but they won't.  I know nobody can help me with this I guess I just need to say all this to somebody. 

Official Employee

I understand, totally. It kind of ties our hands as most of it is done by the system. I work for corporate so I have access to do a lot, but once it disconnects, there is not much we can do besides the info that you were given. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help. As of yesterday everything was taken care of. My cable is now back on.

Highlighted
Official Employee

I am glad the issue is resolved! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out to me! Thank you for being a valued Comcast customer and a part of our forums.