Community Forum

Drop/bury

New Poster

Drop/bury

Comcast,
I'm frustrated and I am angry. For over 6 weeks I have been given excuse after excuse after excuse.
On Sept 8th, our under ground cable was accidentally cut. That night I called to setup help to fix this issue, we had no internet or cable.
On Sept 10, a Comcast technician was sent to put a filter on our box, saying that would fix our issue. When we realized our issue wasnt fixed, That night I called again and they scheduled for another technician to come and repare the issue, Sept 12.
He came out and told us that we need a drop/ bury. He put in an above ground temporary line.
Sept 13th I called to place an order for the drop/bury. I was told it would take 2 weeks to 30 days. At about 25 days I called and was told, it has not been scheduled and theres nothing that can be done. I was told to call back at the 30 day mark. I called today, about 45 days after the initial drop bury request and was told that there is no ticket showing the drop bury request. A new ticket was put in for the drop bury request. I am supposed to hear from someone in 48 hrs.
Comcast... i do not know what else to do. I feel like I am being placated every time I call, but with no results. If there was another company who could drop bury a line, Id have called them 6 weeks ago. I need help.
Expert

Re: Drop/bury

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello @Kokirch. We apologize for any inconvenience and that the drop bury has yet to be completed. I can help get our local tech ops team alerted to bury this line. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

New Poster

I'm having the same problem dec 4 my cable was cut tec came out ab said he would put a ticket in for a drop bury an was told a temp line was not possible to wait 24hrs an call into Comcast I called in the next day scheduled another appointment the technician cancelled so called in again they said the reason why the technician cancelled is because I need a drop bury so I scheduled another appointment for a drop bury they told me 7 days so I waited 7 days and again they cancelled the appointment call again later another appointment technician came out and said there's nothing he could do that it needs a drop bury called Comcast again told me another 7 to 14 days that I need a drop bury they cancelled again so now on my 6th attempt I'm still waiting I'm without TV internet or phone and did not have TV internet and phone on Christmas Day also Miss Utility already came and marked the road 2 weeks ago would be nice if I could get a straight answer but it doesn't seem like that could happen good luck to you
Official Employee

Hi Justin1814, I can get a Drop bury scheduled for you, could you please send me a private message with your account information to verify your account  (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you