Community Forum

Drop/Bury request - NIGHTMARE

New Poster

Drop/Bury request - NIGHTMARE

So here is my problem:

Called Comcast on 06/12/18 informing that I was moving and that I needed services in the new house. I made it clear that I do work from home and the Internet is crucial for my job. We schedule an installation appointment for 06/22/18 (a day before my moving).

The technician stopped by there and after hours of trying, he reported that he wasn't able to complete the service because he wasn't able to pass the cable from the other side of the street to my house and that he created an internal ticket requesting a drop/bury services. SO, here is the time that my nightmare started...

I have been calling COMCAST every other day asking for an update and the history is all the same:

Agent: "Nobody called you to provide an update?"

Me: "No"

Agent: "I'm so sorry... this is not right, we should be calling you... I would like to apologize and this is my top priority..." blah blah blah...

Initially, they had a service scheduled for the drop/bury team on 7/2/18 BUT nothing... and when I call the customer services, after have to explain the whole history and hear the same thing, nobody can answer a simple question: did the drop/bury team performed their service? if not, when they will be able to complete?

Last time, the Comcast agent connected me directly with their contractor that perform this kind of services and just left me with him ( Smiley Sad ) contractor answer was: "if we don't hear back from us in 48 hrs, please call us again. This is the best that i can do for you." say what? I have been calling Comcast for the last 13 days, i have no business with your contractor and he will work on his time in the way that suits him better... Comcast literally just stepped out of this case and is letting me deal with their contractor.

This situation is so frustrating. The only reason that I'm not moving to another provider is because I have no other option in my area... but I do have the option to don't sign a 2 years contract with Comcast. (and considering their attention to my case and cause, I don't even think that they care)

PS1: Thanks to Starbucks that provided me internet access to at least check my email's from the last 13 days;

PS2: My house has xfinity open network in the area, BUT I have to pay to use...

Drop/Bury ticket: XH2AW3VJ6HG5

Expert

Re: Drop/Bury request - NIGHTMARE

Hi @fcarmonabr

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Drop/Bury request - NIGHTMARE

fcarmonabr, thanks for reaching out and apologies for that experience. I'll take a look at your drop bury request. If there is one scheduled on your account we should know the general time frame in which construction will be out to bury the drop. Please send me your full name in private message for help. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!