Community Forum

Downgrading to Internet only.

Highlighted
New Poster

Downgrading to Internet only.

I am 75 y/o and have been a Comcast customer ever since Comcast came to Little Rock, AR about 30 years ago.  I am "out of contract" with Comcast and have been for many years.  The service I get is all that I want.  I am not looking to "upgrade" and I see no point in making a 2 yr contract.  I pay my bills and am loyal to Comcast.  My Comcast service has not improved in many years, but Comcast keeps raising the cost.  Presently I am paying $175.88 for Internet and a TV Digital Starter "package".  This is getting so expensive that I am looking at other ISP's and streaming  "packages" that offer much greater savings and do not require a contract.  About 3 weeks ago. a young lady called.  She said she was working from home for Comcast/Xfinity and wanted me to signup for a new "package" and told me I would get a better rate if I do.   I asked if there is a better rate for long time loyal customers who are good about paying their bills.  That confused her and she kept talking about new packages.  I asked her to give me the "new package" prices, but she just kept talking and asking me to agree to sign up.  January 2020 Comcast on Demand stopped working.  I followed suggests to restart it, but they don't work.  I suspect that is just one more attempt by Comcast to pressure me to sign up for a new package.  I have frequent outages at various times of day and night.  Most are short 15 min. to an hour or so, but in the recent there have been many occassions when the TV and or Internet would be out for 1 to 2 days for no apparent reason.  U sed to call and ask for credit to my account for the outage time.  Credit has never been given., I don't bother with that anymore.   I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with Comcast and the callous treatment I am receiving.  I can only conclude that Comcast places no value on loyalty and good customer payment history.  I want to downgrade to internet only, but I need to know what that will cost me.  I have read that when other customer did that their internet cost was increased to a very large amount.  I may have to just cancel Comcast entirely and go with another ISP.   I read that many people are cutting the cable with Comcast/Xfinity.  I can understand why they might do that.  Comcast seems intent on runnning off it's loyal customers.   Can someone tell me how much downgrading to internet only (keeping the same speed, etc.) will cost?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Downgrading to Internet only.

View the Rate Card, (services & standard pricing list for existing customers), for your area.

Internet only service tiers are near the bottom of the listings. You'll have to ask Xfinity what the speeds are in your area for each Internet tier.

After signing in to your Xfinity MyAccount , this link should access the Rate Card PDF document, https://www.xfinity.com/support/rate-card