Community Forum

Downgrading to Internet only problem

New Poster

Downgrading to Internet only problem

Hello, I cirrently have Internet Plus plan. I do not use the TV part (never did). It recently became expensive and I tried lowering the price by switching to Internet only (I was hoping that Blast! is cheaper), but no Internet-only offers were available for my account online (see screenshot below). AT&T offer internet-only service in our area and it is cheaper but the service Comcast provide is great and this will be my last resort. Could you please let me know if Blast! is available as a downgrade for long time Internet Plus customers?

Thank you,

Emir

PSXfinity.JPG

Official Employee

Re: Downgrading to Internet only problem

I can certainly check and see what we have to offer, can you verify your account with me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with the account? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you ComcastShane, PM sent

Emir

Official Employee

Thank you, were you looking at keeping the same speeds for internet only?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I think I can leave with 75 Mb/s download, if it is cheaper of what I have now. I am not sure what is my present "official" speed. Supposed to be 150 Mb/s down ('Blast tier') I think.

Official Employee

Thank you again, here is the breakdown for what I have to offer, please see below.

• Internet only for $49.99 per month for 12 months.
  • Blast upgrade (150 Mbps/10 Mbps) for $0.00 for 12 months.
  • Modem rental $11.00 (Since you own your modem there is no charge).

The total would be $49.99 per month for 12 months. 

New Poster

@ComcastShane wrote:

Thank you again, here is the breakdown for what I have to offer, please see below.

• Internet only for $49.99 per month for 12 months.
  • Blast upgrade (150 Mbps/10 Mbps) for $0.00 for 12 months.
  • Modem rental $11.00 (Since you own your modem there is no charge).

The total would be $49.99 per month for 12 months. 

This is perfect, please apply to my account and yes, I have modem so I don't need one. 

Thank you for helping me,

Emir

Official Employee

Perfect, I can key this in for you now, I will need to receive your approval for this package change via text or email. We will have a 30-minute window to complete the process once we begin. What text or e-mail would you prefer to use for delivery?

New Poster

@ComcastShane wrote:

Perfect, I can key this in for you now, I will need to receive your approval for this package change via text or email. We will have a 30-minute window to complete the process once we begin. What text or e-mail would you prefer to use for delivery?

email is fine, thank you!