Community Forum

Downgrade while under contract?

Frequent Visitor

Downgrade while under contract?

Hello, we currently subscribe to a Triple Play under a 2-year contract; my question is it possible to downgrade to a double play without breaking the contract and having to pay an ETF? We want to get rid of TV but still keep our internet and security. The agreement only says the ETF would be paid if we cancelled ALL services, but didn't have anything about cancelling individual services. 

Thank you in advance! 

Expert

Re: Downgrade while under contract?

Sure, you can downgrade to a double play w/o paying the ETF. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi rylock317, the information that (nerdburg) provided is correct. You will not be charged an ETF when changing your package, only if you cancel all service within the contract date will you be charged the early termination fee. I can assist you with downgrading to just internet, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Official Employee

rylock317 wrote: Thank you very much, I just saw the tracking number says it should be delivered today!

I am glad we were able to get your service/equipment concerns addressed. Have a good day.