Community Forum

Downgrade service

New Poster

Downgrade service

Hi, called last wk 6/2, to cancel service, a representative, said he could give me more channels, a dvr for about same price of my original pkg, I signed, a wk went by; called Saturday; wasn’t getting channels promised, wanted me to sign again was apprehensive, I asked if it was contract he said no! I signed, called back, wanted my bill credited for 1 wk of not getting, new channels, said it would be adjusted, to 150.67, hasn’t yet been done, told representative didn’t want a contract! Said could go back to my previous plan without contract! Was getting confused! Said I’ll go with the plan he offer! $10 more! With more channels and dvr, said didn’t want to be locked in, said I had thirty days! Would like to downgrade now, i hope she was being honest don’t want to be charged a cancellation fee, please respond, would be appreciated, thank you

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Downgrade service

Hi @kimball161958

You won't be penalized for downgrading your services. Only if you cancel all of your services while in an agreement, or if you move to an area that we don't service, and you cannot transfer your service while in an agreement will you be penalized.  

I can review your account. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!