Community Forum

Downgrade account to Internet only is impossible

Regular Visitor

Downgrade account to Internet only is impossible

I've been trying to downgrade to internet only at 150 mbps.  As a long time Comcast customer who has been overpaying for several years on an older bundled package that apparently is now lower in price, I can't get any straight answers from Comcast reps regarding internet-only prices.  Instead, I was offered 60 mbps for $74.95/month (and of course, a hard upsell for a bundled package), which is far more $$ and much lower speeds than other local providers.  But a new customer to Comcast can get Blast! for a lower rate than that.  Apparently Comcast does not want to retain me as a customer and instead wants me to pay ridiculous rates for very slow speeds in order to unbundle from TV.

Expert

Re: Downgrade account to Internet only is impossible

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues.

I've asked an employee to assist you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Downgrade account to Internet only is impossible

Hi @doccop

I can review your account to help review and discuss internet only offers. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!