Community Forum

Downgrade Extortion

Regular Visitor

Downgrade Extortion

For the past 2 months I've been trying to downgrade my plan from a double play to a one play plan. I do not use the TV so it doesn't make sense for me to continue paying $64 for a double play. I've call xfinity a couple time and everyone I've call says that it would cost $79 to downgrade so I should stay at the same price. It didn't make sense to me that that to downgrade to 60Mbps on a one play plan would cost me more than the 150Mbps on a double play plan. They keep saying I can't downgrade to the $29.99 one play cause I'm an exsisiting customer but I have a friend who had X-finity longer than I've had and she was able to downgrade. Can this issue be fixed? If not I will have to cancel my whole xfinity and move to verizion cause the pricing is illogical.  

Expert

Re: Downgrade Extortion

@Mwela wrote:

For the past 2 months I've been trying to downgrade my plan from a double play to a one play plan. I do not use the TV so it doesn't make sense for me to continue paying $64 for a double play. I've call xfinity a couple time and everyone I've call says that it would cost $79 to downgrade so I should stay at the same price. It didn't make sense to me that that to downgrade to 60Mbps on a one play plan would cost me more than the 150Mbps on a double play plan. They keep saying I can't downgrade to the $29.99 one play cause I'm an exsisiting customer but I have a friend who had X-finity longer than I've had and she was able to downgrade. Can this issue be fixed? If not I will have to cancel my whole xfinity and move to verizion cause the pricing is illogical.  

When you bundle you get a discount.  When you downgrade to just one service you're going into every day pricing, hence the reason the price is more.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

The double play pricing you have sounds like it is not yet at full price. You do save by bundling, but at full price the savings are little. The price for internet only would be more, because the internet they offered was full price, and your double play is still discounted, just not as much as it once was. In short, you can't logically compare the pricing of the two, because 1 is discounted, and the other is not.
Official Employee

Hi @Mwela

@Again, and @JLDOOBLY are correct. I'd be more than happy to double check your account to see if there is anything else, but we can only offer what's available for you. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!