Community Forum

Down with no hope in sight

New Poster

Down with no hope in sight

I rarely forward business challenges as these things occur and nobody’s fault.   Since 2002 Comcast has been my internet, cable and phone provider.   Service was as promised, no complaints up to recently.    My cable box began acting up so a service call was scheduled.   The repairman showed up on time and replaced the cable box and although internet and phone service was fine, he replaced the two modems with a new “dual” signal modem.   He told me the signal would go in and out for 48 hours then stabilize.   It certainly went in and out for 48 hours then far beyond.   My phone, internet and security system have been in and out (mostly out) since the installation.   Every day I went through the automated service, and at least two representatives before having the modem reset only to have it lose signal shortly after.  Last Saturday I lost signal yet again, all day.   I called and spoke with a rep who was very polite but offered no help.  Later I received a call from a Supervisor apologizing for the inconvenience, scheduling an appointment for Sunday between 3-5.   I waited around, no one showed, I received no call.    I called yet again and was told the appointment was never scheduled, was told a repairman would come Monday 8-10am.    Found out from yet another rep this was not the case, got hold of yet another supervisor who told me she would prioritize my appointment but never called back as promised.   No call or visit today, Monday 2/12.  I run my business from home office.   The phone and internet are a critical component.   I am now working from a McDonalds for my internet.   My phone data has been used up as I have not been able to connect to the internet so my phone is running very slowly.    I am frustrated and annoyed.   

Expert

Re: Down with no hope in sight

wrote:

He told me the signal would go in and out for 48 hours then stabilize....

Oh boy. Everything should have been working as expected when the installer left, that statement means he knew it wasn't working properly. Make sure you hold Comcast accountable for that, it's 100% not okay.

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I've asked a corporate employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Re: Down with no hope in sight

Hello 5559, I show that we already have a tech scheduled to come out and bury your line in the yard. I can also set up a tech to come and make sure your services are running properly so you don't have to use Wi-Fi from a McDonald’s location. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" and we can make the proper arrangements.