Community Forum

Double play package for existing customers

New Poster

Double play package for existing customers

My bill is too expensive right now so I wanted to downgrade to a double play package to lower the cost. After spending 2 hours with reps and even a supervisor the best that can be offered me barely saves me anything. They cited that I can not get a promotional package for the double play and what I have is the best I can get. As a long time customer that is not good enough, unless I can get a double play package that better suits my need I will have no choice but to change service providers. I don't care for premium channels, I just want good internet and basic TV...no phone. This is the last straw for me so I hope this reaches someone that can make a difference, I was looking at the double play packages that are 59.99 - 69.99
Official Employee

Re: Double play package for existing customers

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

I’m in the exacts same situation as you. I now have triple play that includes a phone I don’t want and premium channels I don’t watch. It was the best deal when my double play promotion expired and the price increased. I feel like the plans slowly creep up in size and cost after you become a customer. $210 a month and all I really want is internet and TV. I have to be inconvenienced and drop Comcast as a provider to get back in at their low cost introductory level. I’ve been on the phone and double play isn’t available to me. Does that make any sense? Next, the best deal will be the quad play and I’ll have an alarm that I also don’t want. AT&T did this to me 10 years ago and once the competion caught up with them I never used their service again. Comcast is at a tipping point for me...I’m nearly convinced that they are taking advantage of customers because they are the incumbant provider. Didn’t old Ma Bell do that? Didn’t turn out to well for them.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

I have the same problem.  Was sold the Triple Play last time my promo rate expired & now that rate has expired am paying a ridiculous amount (I've never used the phone).  All I want is Standard Double Play & xfinity website won't let me change without calling in.  I don't have 2 hours to spend on the phone & am about to cancel it all.   Why not if I can pay half at the competitor?  It's such a shame - I like Comcast, but they are just robbing me blind & are soooo hard to work with.

Frequent Visitor

Yup.  Same problem. Triple Play  was a good deal with the two year contract.  I'd be willing to lock in again but I'm told... nope... you've got to upgrade to a larger package for two years that will be a bit lower than your current rate... but in two years my bill will be higher than the moon for stuff I don't want.  Exploring alternatives.

Official Employee

cirrus --

I can look further at your account and see if there are any promotions available. Can you verify your account information for me? To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

Our internet promotion just ended this past month. Are there any double play promotions for existing customers if we upgrade to include cable? I’m seeing deals as low as $44 per month yet here I am paying $80 for just internet. If we cannot resolve this or come to an agreement of some sort we will have to switch providers. Not only did our monthly price go up; but out internet speed went down. Thanks.
New Poster

My guess is the next best price brake you’ll get is for triple play. Please let me know if I’m right. Good luck!!
Frequent Visitor

let  me   tell u  about the abuse  and lies  adn drama  u ahve and ur agents have and xfinity comcast ahs  don to me      over the last year and now  the last 4  weeks  have spent over 90 hosus on lines chats and     10x  to much  draman drama  and bull   i am a 10  client  no  drama  and   i  w s at  49 then 59 then 69 then 79 then and  now 89  plus  i pay 10 preferred pay 6 adapter plus 11 modem box   and   thats   apx125   u owe me over 500 in   back over charged fees and u owe me now 6000 for me having to go into a  hoipistal over ur stressand lies u cased me minor health issues  for anxiety and  blood pressure  tress issues   .. point is  wt  are u    doing to ur  base   i hope me and 1000000000 client  all  walk today  and mve our business  asap to ATT    DISH OR AND ANY OTHER   OUT THERE     again point is   you are  worthless  you are all idiots and u are all thieves stealing clients   time and money  over  what     bull thats what    i dont  want   any  packages  chage now i wnat      everyone of u fired and clean the  shop and  hire some  one that    wnats to fix  this and not  give me   excuses   as to oh     we changed  that and now  u cant  get that  and oh   we dont have that  package     now  what the   are u thinking i agreed  to a 24 month  84.99 double play bundle  and that   includes hbo      so were the . are my channels i  pay for  adn i pay 9.99 for  perferred upgrade   for channels u stole  from me beofre   so u can all go to i dont give anylonger and by the  way ur outside  hub    is being destroyed   i wnat it off my property now. i dontgive ..point made  go to h all of u....!!!!!!!

BAPOLEN
Frequent Visitor

Can someone repost bapolen's post in english?