Community Forum

Does Comcast want new customers? I'm so frustrated!

Frequent Visitor

Does Comcast want new customers? I'm so frustrated!

My family and I are long time Comcast customers.  Last week, my daughter tried to set up a new account.  The information she for from the Comcast representative on the phone was confusing, so I called the next day. I spoke with a Comcast representative who kept trying to upsell me, regardless of what I said. I finally had to hang up.  Then I called back and spoke with a helpful Comcast representative who said she couldn't offer the deals I see on the Comcast website.

Finally, I posted my frustration on this message board.  I did hear from a Comcast representative that day who asked me to private message him with details, including my daughter's name and address.  That was Friday. This is Monday. I haven't heard back from that Comcast rep.

i just want to help my daughter get the best rate possible for the X1 Starter Double Play package. (Last week online, this package included the DVR at no additional charge. This week, the DVR is no longer included. I don't get it.)

Setting up a new account should not be this hard.

Regular Contributor

Re: Does Comcast want new customers? I'm so frustrated!

Hello maddog2010,

I apologize for all the frustration caused in this process. We would need to speak with your daughter directly to start the new account. Would you please send a private message with her contact number or have her contact us so we can proceed? Thank You

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon