Community Forum

Does Comcast even value its customers?

New Poster

Does Comcast even value its customers?

Wha shoud I do in this case? Please read below about my CRAZY situation... but before that I will give you a little bit of my own backgroun so you don't think I am just another dumb customer...

Hi, I am an IT Professional, who runs and monitors two schools in my town for internet, phones, cameras, and anything else that requires an IP Address to run. I have the ability to laydown a whole new networking in the school. If one classroom's Access Point goes down, it is up to me to either fix it, buy new equipment, or lay down a whole new network cable. So after what I am about to say, dont ask me to troubleshoot because I have been doing that for over 7 months now and I know what the heck I am doing. Lets get to the point now....

This issue is bringing down everything, Phone and Internet.

I am a current customer with Comcast for a lot of years, and not sure how much longer that will last. For the past year, I have been losing internet connection intermittently during the day at least 3 times if not 5 which happens EVERYDAY!!!!!! I already made 3 calls in 2 days so that comcast has some record of this problem. Now, I am writing down THREE CONFIRMATON NUMBERS each day...

That is 90 CONFIRMATION NUMBERS per month that I will have by the end of June, and I am paying about $140 a month (which is $1680 a year and no good service that was guaranteed ). Is this ridicuous or am I just over-reacting? You be the judge!!!!

I am doing all that because I made a call yesterday after long day of frustration trying to get internet to work so I can do Live Broadcast of a major event at my house. I spoke to a manager and I demanded a refund for the service that was just a joke to Comcast. He could not do that, because he had no evidence to support and give me my refund. Now, I will be making calls every single day until I get FULL REFUND and I promise, I will do this. Because I am not wasiting $1600 every year. That's one customer paying for nothing, now imagine just 1000 customers having same issue and keep on paying $1.6 Million.... That is a great way to fill their pockets with "POCKET MONEY" to them...

I DEMAND FULL REFUND!!!!

New Poster

Re: Cisco DPC3941T continuously disconnects

I think I am having the same problem too and just submitted a post... here is the link to it but I am not expecting any help from comcast whatsoever... because this issue with me has been happening for over 7 months 

Link to forum post: Does Comcast even value its customers?

Valued Contributor

Re: Does Comcast even value its customers?

Well you say not to bring up troubleshooting, but obviously there is a problem that needs to be addressed. It could be anything from your modem, to the drop line coming in, wiring in home, just about anything. (Which you already know) Instead of trying to get a refund and that being your priority, you should probably have a tech come out and check this out. You may have ruled out your home and equipment, but you can not really check beyond that. If you get SPP @ 6 bucks per month, you would have no tech charge if you keep it for 60 days afterwards. Also, if the issue isn't in your home (outside past the demarc) there would not be a charge anyway.
New Poster

Hello,

I have already performed all the possible troubleshooting, even had tech come out more than 3 times who even replaced whole cable coming from outside my house. Replaced the modem/router box twice too. I dont know what other avenues to take then... ?

I am not expecting them to refund me all of the cash LOL, but this is not a small issue. I am making calls 2-3 times a day for to report this... IDK what else to do now except cutting comcast's line and sign up for someone else... Sadly

Gill

Expert

@GillSaab wrote:

Hello,

I have already performed all the possible troubleshooting, even had tech come out more than 3 times who even replaced whole cable coming from outside my house. Replaced the modem/router box twice too. I dont know what other avenues to take then... ?

I am not expecting them to refund me all of the cash LOL, but this is not a small issue. I am making calls 2-3 times a day for to report this... IDK what else to do now except cutting comcast's line and sign up for someone else... Sadly

Gill

I would not call 2-3 times a day because you would be considered harassing the CSRs when you call and they would then not want to help you.

If you've checked the modem/router, and the cable outside coming into your house, have you checked the cable actually inside your house coming to the modem?  Not the part from the outlet to your modem, but inside the wall or attic.

[FWIW, Comcast is no longer offering the Service Protection Plan.]

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

@GillSaab wrote:

I think I am having the same problem too and just submitted a post... here is the link to it but I am not expecting any help from comcast whatsoever... because this issue with me has been happening for over 7 months 

IF you're an "IT professional" why are you responding to yourself?

Expert

@Wolverine062 wrote:

@GillSaab wrote:

IF you're an "IT professional" why are you responding to yourself?

They posted twice, so the threads were merged.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.