Community Forum

Do I need to call a tech to come add another coax cable or just run a Ethernet cable?

New Poster

Do I need to call a tech to come add another coax cable or just run a Ethernet cable?

We have recently installed Directv as our tv provider and Comcast for internet in short, we have to move the modem and router downstairs to where an available coax cable was located. I want to have it upstairs. Can a Comcast tech come and add a new one to my room? Do I need to pay for installation?

Expert

Re: Do I need to call a tech to come add another coax cable or just run a Ethernet cable?

You could leave the modem in its current location and move your router upstairs. You would connect the two via ethernet. Or you could have a tech run a new coax line for you. If you wanted the devices upstairs in the first place, your installer should have run the line at the time of installation. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

The Forums stick this horrible banner after all my posts automatically. I'm sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Official Employee

Re: Do I need to call a tech to come add another coax cable or just run a Ethernet cable?

Hello Timothy3832. I can assist with scheduling a technician visit if you would like to have the modem relocated. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.