Community Forum

Do Angry Agents Do Things to Your Account?

Highlighted
New Poster

Do Angry Agents Do Things to Your Account?

Last month I talked to an agent via chat and it didn't go well. All I wanted to know is what would be the lowest cost option for TV & Internet. She gave me the most expensive option. So I said never mind, I don't really need it and disconnected with chat. Immediately, my internet went out and I had to restart my modem. Suspect because that hasn't happened in the two years I have had Comcast Internet.

Today, because my husband is a teacher and has to work from home, I tried to go online and see what higher speed options were for just internet. Now, last month there were A LOT of options to upgrade from my 25Mb speed. Today, it says I have the fastest speed available. I know for a fact that is not true. Is there a possibility that the triggered agent from last month did something to my account so I can't upgrade?

Trying to chat with an Agent online and it says my Current place in line is "0" and I've been waiting for over 30 minutes.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Do Angry Agents Do Things to Your Account?

oh, and I checked on the abandoned house on my street and it can get up to 2000Mb per second. 🙄

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

No your account can’t be changed like you’re thinking. 2000 MB’s=2 gig is gigabit pro.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It does exist. I took a video of the options that were available to the abandoned house across the street https://www.dropbox.com/s/p9nccxyvuyqxv1x/Screenshot%202020-08-08%2019.40.28.png?dl=0 

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

That’s gigabit pro (notice the price tag) and that service is location based. It’s certainly possible your side of the street isn’t eligible. I’ll escalate it to an Official Employee and they can go over what options are available to you

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, kajaffrey! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

With everything going on in the world right now, I absolutely understand how much every penny counts and how important it is to have a service plan that fits your needs at the best rate available. I'm sorry to hear that your first chat agent wasn't able to find quite the plan you were looking for, but I would love to work with you to see if there are any promotions available that would be a better fit for you and your home.

As a side note, location can play a very important role in the availabilities in one's area. Often times Gigabit Pro services are listed as default available option, but it is just a starting point. The process of getting that service involves a site survey to see if fiber can even be run to their location, so it isn't a guaranteed availability. Sometimes location can also restrict areas from some of the higher tiers they may see in other areas of the country, but that is something we can look into together.

Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!