Community Forum

Discount for a 95 year old Senior

New Poster

Discount for a 95 year old Senior

What is up with Comcast and its turning a blind eye to the Senior group that lives on a SS-check.  I'm helping pay for a dear friend that is fixing to turn 96, watches 12 channels (1 channel falls into the upgrade channel list) so she has to have the next listing of channels to see Dr. Phil.  I got the "couldn't really care attitude" from the office line, got the "can't help" on the phone, but go online and see if any discounts - that way you want have to keep calling (what a joke).  I signed her up on my computer for a discount that we received 2 years ago (if I signed up and put my credit card in online so it could be charged every month I could get her a discount for a year - that lasted 3 months & Comcast operator said sorry you should have tried to connect sooner to discount), Comcast has gone up twice and everyone is so sorry that this is happening but "Hey, what can I do, I just work here" attitude.  I went paperless so she wouldn't cry every month when she would see the bill and try to figure out how to pay for her one joy in life watching her 12 channels.  I'm paying 1/3 of the bill every month so she can keep watching her TV.  I tried to look up how to combine her phone and cable so she might get a discount that way but apparently unless she can some how start to understand how to operate a computer (which she can recognize from seeing displays what computers are) then she can get a major discount for a year.  She doesn't even use a cell phone!  How do you tell someone that has paid for over 40 years to Comcast (on time and 2 weeks early every month) that their cable has to go?