Community Forum

Disconnection of service

New Poster

Disconnection of service

Isn't if you cancel services and the place you are moving to doesn't allow Xfinity or have it as an option then the cancellation is free? that's what I was told when I signed up and now they are trying to make me pay 100$+ for cancellation just because my new house doesn't have the option for Xfinity services. Advice and help would be much appreciated as I could care less to pay the fee but if I was told something then they should keep their word instead of trying to force a fee on me.

Expert

Re: Disconnection of service

@miles881 wrote:

Isn't if you cancel services and the place you are moving to doesn't allow Xfinity or have it as an option then the cancellation is free? that's what I was told when I signed up and now they are trying to make me pay 100$+ for cancellation just because my new house doesn't have the option for Xfinity services. Advice and help would be much appreciated as I could care less to pay the fee but if I was told something then they should keep their word instead of trying to force a fee on me.

If you are in a contract and you move to an area that Comcast doesn't service, you are effectively terminating the contract and you would owe an early termination fee [ETF].

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.