Community Forum

Disconnecting Service/ Told I have To Pay Past Due

New Poster

Disconnecting Service/ Told I have To Pay Past Due

I  am attempting to disconnect from my internet service and the customer service agent was no help! I was temporarily inerrupted on June 26 2018. I have now gone with AT&T since June 22 2018. I unplugged Comcast on the 22nd. Now today I finally called to tell Comcast that I was not using them anymore and wanted the service completely shut off. This agent tells me that my service can't be cut off because of a past due amount. I told her I was aware of that because I am currently on medical leave and disability and not receiving as much money as I would if I was workiing so I went with a lower priced service with AT&T. She still kept saying the same thing that my service would continue until the past due was paid! I kept telling her I was not paying for services that I am not using but she kept repeating that I had to pay or the service would continue and that this was company policy!   I became so frustrated I just told her I would contact the corporate office about this because it does not seem fair to hold a disconnection hostage until the past due was paid! What the heck is with this company?

Official Employee

Re: Disconnecting Service/ Told I have To Pay Past Due

I can certainly check this for you from here if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.