Community Forum

Disconnect service

New Poster

Disconnect service

I called in December to have my service disconnected as the internet I had was through a promo for 29.99, monthly for a year. I wanted to stay with Comcast but the price was going to increase by $20.00 monthly unless I canceled. Since affordability was going to be an issue, I opted for cancelation. I was told that a cancelation had be scheduled for January 6, which would have been a day before the next circle begun. I called on the 5th of this month as a reminder and to ask for disconnection email confirmation I was told the only confirmation I would receive would come through the postal mail.
In my previous conversations with Comcast I was told that, I did not owe any money but now, I just got a text reminder to make a payment of $49.99 by the 19th. I also checked my account after speaking to an agent today only to discover that the service was not disconnected.

Understandably, Comcast has a business to run to maximize profit while I have to minimize my spending.

What are my options? I stopped using the internet on the 6th and it is not right that I'm being asked to make payments after calling for a disconnection.

Thanks
Official Employee

Re: Disconnect service

Hi Dammie1,

This isn't the experience we want for our customers and I'd like to review your account to see how I can make this right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!