Community Forum

Disastrous Service Transfer

New Poster

Disastrous Service Transfer

I'm moving on August 4th, and contacted Xfinity CS to get my service transferred to my new address. And this is where the insanity begins and has yet to have an end: June 25: Called Xfinity to transfer TV, internet and home security to new address effective August 4th June 28: Noticed my new apartment number was entered incorrectly, called Xfinity CS to correct the address. July 5: All services interrupted, contacted Xfinity CS to find out someone thought it would be a great idea to transfer my services - A MONTH EARLY. Called Xfinity CS who fixed that debacle ... or so I thought. July 6: Noticed my new apartment number on the service address was yet again incorrect. Oh but the irony is that my new billing address is correct. Contacted Xfinity chat who told me the only way to correct that was to go into the Xfinity store and show them my ID with my new address on it. Uh no, I haven't moved yet genius. Decided to call Xfinity in the morning. July 7: Called Xfinity to get the address corrected (again). CS had to delete my original transfer order and recreate it, but oh now I can't have August 4th as my install date because it's not available in their system. Uh, no. CS says they'll call me back later this week to see if they can fix that. July 7: Noticed my app would not let me sign in for my home security, and my security touchscreen says no internet connection. Rebooted the touchscreen and modem, no change although my internet is up and working. Called Xfinity CS (for those keeping score at home, this is my 6th contact to Xfinity). The first person I spoke with told me that when they transferred my service (a month early!), that it disconnected my current home security and oh yeah, there's nothing they can do to fix that. Not good enough. I talked to another person who then told me the only way to fix it is to have a technician come out to my house. TLR Xfinity's transferring of my service has been a complete disaster. While the CS reps are very nice and try to help, things only seem to get worse. You'd think after 6 phone calls and hours on the phone with them, at least one of them would have said hey, you've been through enough, let me own this and let me give you at least some incentive to keep putting up with this horrible chain of service transfer events. How can I get someone to fix this for good so I don't have to keep calling them? I'd rather not go to another service provider but Xfinity isn't proving that they are worthy of my business at this point.
New Poster

Re: Disastrous Service Transfer

And the saga continues:

- Xfinity called me, they had no record of me having an appointment to fix my alarm. Joy.

- I talked to yet another rep who said the best they can get is July 16th. How about no.

- I talked to yet another person who sounded like she was trying to help me, but then disconnected me in the middle of the call.

- Talked to yet another person a bit ago who told me my escalated ticket was closed. She opened a new one for me and offered the corporate phone number.

Seriously Xfinity ... are you trying to get me to cancel my service?

Valued Contributor

Home Security Requires a professional installation. I know you already have it installed, but in their system, it probably is giving them major issues trying to restart your home security without an install. Because in the eyes of their system, your service needs to be reinstalled completely (I know it doesn't, but I am just thinking the way a computer and software is concerned) If you can go without your home security until you move, that's what I would do. You also have new customer pricing when you move, so you may be able to get a new plan. (Also, I would watch your next few bills close, the ETFs for home security are stiff, and depending on how the agent set the disconnect, the ETF's may end up being applied. I doubt it, just check on it) Call 877 338 7017 to setup your move, and that number ONLY. That is the movers edge number.
New Poster

If I wasn't going out of town for several days, I wouldn't worry so much about the alarm system being goofed up until my move. I had a very nice lady explain to me yesterday that someone needs to physically be here and do basically as you've described which seems odd, but hey it's their system. Fingers crossed they get it sorted out soon. I'm pretty sure my installation at my new address is going to be all kinds of messed up too.
Official Employee

Hello stonecs1. If you need assistance with getting the restart, or transfer scheduled, I can help. I apologize things have not gone smoothly so far. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name and account primary phone number so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!