Community Forum

Disappointed with Service Charge

New Poster

Disappointed with Service Charge

We moved and decided to keep Xfinity Comcast with our new home.  After a month of internet issues and pauses in signal we called and they sent a service tech back to the house.  He re-established conection outside and still had issues.  We went to Best Buy and purchase and Orbi unit to wire from the wifi router into Orbi to sent a stronger signal throughtout the house.  Problem fixed only to find out that we were charged a service fee of $70 for the visit.

The service tech has left equipment here and did noting to find the actual problem.  I don't think it's right to charge us for something that he could not simply find himself.  We had to go to a third party to fix the problem and he was not capable of offering any solutions except more wasted time and effort.

I have spoken to billing however they have no one available that can actually resovle anything.  All thought they were understanding and nice, they could only provide a credit of $35 and offer me a premium channel.  I already have that so thanked them for their efforts.  This has to be the biggest scam and I will begin to look for a new provider.

Sincerely,

<edited>

Official Employee

Re: Disappointed with Service Charge

Hello, Larry_M.

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns. 

Customers may be charged for a service call if we provide any of the following in order to resolve the service issue:

• In-home customer education about Xfinity services where it’s the only repair solution.
  • Any repairs, replacements, or reconfigurations of the wiring in the customer’s home.
  • Where the equipment that the customer owns, and not Xfinity equipment, is the cause of the service issue.

Given your description of the issue the $70 charge would be valid, but if you would like, I would be more than happy to review your account further to verify if any further adjustments need to be made. Feel free to send me a private message with your first and last name so I can take a look.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!