Community Forum

DirectTV upgrade driving me crazy....what if I went back to Xfinity?

New Poster

DirectTV upgrade driving me crazy....what if I went back to Xfinity?

The recent DirectTV "upgrade" is HORRIBLE, and it is now easy to accidentally erase a show and it's hard to find a show with their big popups.  If I were to go back to Xfinity (whom I left when they couldn't fix a second bedroom TV, but I kept them for internet and voice -- but they did have to come out multiple times, but I think they have the internet and that would have fixed the second bedroom fixed)  In short, If I leave Direct TV, do they have to remove the dish?  Will Comcast have to come out to rewire the cable?  That is, is there an easy path back or is it painful?  I only went to Direct Tv because Comcast couldn't figure out how to get the 2nd TV to work and wanted to charge to come out, and DirectTv said they'd install everything free and make sure it works...and give me a couple hundred dollars.  But now it's painful to use the DVR. PAINFUL.  So how easy will Xfinity make it for me to come back?

Official Employee

Re: DirectTV upgrade driving me crazy....what if I went back to Xfinity?

Hard to tell without being onsite and knowing what Direct TV did. But should be as easy disconnecting the cable direct tv feed to where your dvr is hooking the Comcast feed to it. So, instead of getting a tech out to fix the second tv, you paid to have direct to installed and now you’ll have to pay to have Comcast out to re-install?