Community Forum

Digging on my property. Arrogant cable layers can't wait to damage your property!

New Poster

Digging on my property. Arrogant cable layers can't wait to damage your property!

That's right.  Cable contractors show up on your utility easement.  Dig big holes, tear up the grass (you must mowed the day before), leave cable protruding out of the ground and hanging in a tree.  Sound familiar? You have no idea when they will start or finish the job, or who to call when they damage your property or resod grass.  So if they had the decency to knock on my door and explain what they were doing, (do you think Comcast requires them to do this?) I'm sure things could've turned out well.  When utilities contact homeowners of upcoming easement work, it is a common courtesy and it does and should happen.   Our local utility company provided a contact before work began when boring a trench for cable under our driveway.  Communication is key and creates harmony.  I think Comcast or their contractor will pay for damages, but I noticed they don't go out of their way to prevent these issues from happening in the first place.  I suggest taking photos of their work in progess.  Talk to the contractor's supervisor and get Comcast's district rep. on the phone.