Community Forum

Digging of yard

Regular Visitor

Digging of yard

I understand that Comcast can legally dig up my yard to install new cables but the process for the last two months has been unacceptable. We have not received proper notification as to when access to our backyard is needed, and we have pets so the process has been inconvenient. When the contractor used the ditch witch in our yard, the yard was not left in the state that it was found. There are obvious tire marks in our front yard lawn and the rocks in the back. No effort was made to repair the damage that was done. The machine was also driven into our vinyl fence post, which will need to be replaced. We have now been told that a new work order went out that will require the contractor to bring the ditch witch in again. Needless to say I am not thrilled about this prospect. As a Comcast customer, I am very disappointed with this turn of events.
AD90C048-B85F-4B25-924E-AAFD71FCEF71.jpeg
Expert

Re: Digging of yard

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Tanyars1022, I can look into the damage done to your yard due to the last drop bury as well as the status of the current drop bury. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Regular Visitor

Still waiting for resolution. Further yard damage done today
1C8FA17A-854D-4D1D-8AE1-5A3967BB840A.jpeg
Regular Visitor

More damage
0648D83A-42FC-459A-B07A-B860F11393DB.jpeg
Regular Visitor

Yard damage
AD5FF582-34A7-44FF-A6D4-B580E25E0F13.jpeg
F4A8BA61-CC33-46FE-8486-3DA18B86D998.jpeg
Regular Visitor

Re: Property damage from recent fiber optic upgrade

I am having the exact same problem! Funny.. the number they give you to contact with questions goes to a voicemail box that is probably never checked
Official Employee

Tanyars1022, thanks for posting these pictures. I've reached out to our local team to have this damaged accessed. They'll be reaching out to you soon with the contact info you sent me in private message. 

KenF