Community Forum

Denied a request to speak to a customer service supervisor or complete a survey

Highlighted
New Poster

Denied a request to speak to a customer service supervisor or complete a survey

This morning, I called Xfinty Customer service to simply make a change to our Xfinity channel line up, and now I will likely be cancelling our service with comcast completely; which includes, 5 cable boxes with service and DVR, movie bundle, High Speed internet and phone service, for which we pay $267.97/MO.  This service cancellation could likely have been easily avoided by having a conversation with a customer retention supervisor.   However, I was denied that opportunity by an ineffective Customer Service Representative.

The reason for my call this morning, that began very amicable,  was quite simple;  the service bundle we have had, and pay monthly for, included 2 movie channels that have now been removed from the bundle and replaced with 2 movie channels we do not watch.  So I called to see about changing our channel line up to include the channels we do watch and remove the ones we do not watch. 

Here is where Comcast business practices and their "Customer Retention Group's” business practices begin to look ETHICALY QUESTIONABLE.  I was told that if I made ANY channel changes to my bundle they could NO LONGER provide the 300 MBPS of internet I am currently receiving, but would have to be downgraded to a slower internet speed of 200 MBPS.  This warrants repeating, it’s not that it will cost more money if we change our cable bundle, and its not that I'm asking for something faster then I currently have, it's that "My CURRENT internet speed will no longer be available to me, if I change my cable channel line-up. The actual speed, not just a higher price.

So in short, Xfinty and myself, as a customer, entered into an agreement for a bundle that included certain named movie channels.  Xfinity, unilaterally changed that package, did not provide corresponding changes in pricing or customer choices , and now are essentially "strong arming" customers who have both Cable and internet so that they may not continue to receive the services they purchased, without being forced to an internet speed of 33% of what they currently receive, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.  

I did ask to speak to a supervisor or to be sent a survey but was denied by the Customer Service Rep, who eventually agreed to allow me to speak to a supervisor, but then sent me straight into an anonymous general voicemail box.

This type of "Strong Arm" practice should not be tolerated, nor should allowing customers no channel of escalation in matters such as this.  If this issue cannot be resolved, we will be changing over all of our services. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Denied a request to speak to a customer service supervisor or complete a survey

I feel ya.  We've all been there.  If it makes you feel any better, they treat us all badly.  It's not that you particularly got bad customer service, they give us all bad customer service and they really don't give a ...

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Denied a request to speak to a customer service supervisor or complete a survey

@LBIL wrote:

This morning, I called Xfinty Customer service to simply make a change to our Xfinity channel line up, and now I will likely be cancelling our service with comcast completely; which includes, 5 cable boxes with service and DVR, movie bundle, High Speed internet and phone service, for which we pay $267.97/MO.  This service cancellation could likely have been easily avoided by having a conversation with a customer retention supervisor.   However, I was denied that opportunity by an ineffective Customer Service Representative.

The reason for my call this morning, that began very amicable,  was quite simple;  the service bundle we have had, and pay monthly for, included 2 movie channels that have now been removed from the bundle and replaced with 2 movie channels we do not watch.  So I called to see about changing our channel line up to include the channels we do watch and remove the ones we do not watch. 

Here is where Comcast business practices and their "Customer Retention Group's” business practices begin to look ETHICALY QUESTIONABLE.  I was told that if I made ANY channel changes to my bundle they could NO LONGER provide the 300 MBPS of internet I am currently receiving, but would have to be downgraded to a slower internet speed of 200 MBPS.  This warrants repeating, it’s not that it will cost more money if we change our cable bundle, and its not that I'm asking for something faster then I currently have, it's that "My CURRENT internet speed will no longer be available to me, if I change my cable channel line-up. The actual speed, not just a higher price.

So in short, Xfinty and myself, as a customer, entered into an agreement for a bundle that included certain named movie channels.  Xfinity, unilaterally changed that package, did not provide corresponding changes in pricing or customer choices , and now are essentially "strong arming" customers who have both Cable and internet so that they may not continue to receive the services they purchased, without being forced to an internet speed of 33% of what they currently receive, WITHOUT EXCEPTION.  

I did ask to speak to a supervisor or to be sent a survey but was denied by the Customer Service Rep, who eventually agreed to allow me to speak to a supervisor, but then sent me straight into an anonymous general voicemail box.

This type of "Strong Arm" practice should not be tolerated, nor should allowing customers no channel of escalation in matters such as this.  If this issue cannot be resolved, we will be changing over all of our services. 

The reason the channels were removed is because Comcast no longer has an agreement with those networks.  Although they provided other networks in replacement, while not ideal replacements, the did provide a substitution.  However, the Customer Agreement allows Comcast to make changes like this.

As far as what a CSR told you about your internet speed being downgraded, I do believe they were totally incorrect, and you could keep your speed regardless of what you do with your cable plan.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!