Community Forum

Denied Damage Claim-Melted Coaxial

Highlighted
New Poster

Denied Damage Claim-Melted Coaxial

Hello,

I would like to request that a previously denied damage claim be revisited (049333828).  A picture says a thousand words, so I've included pictures of the fact that the coaxial leading into my home has literally melted three times due to improper cable grounding at the pole AND at the grounding block into my house.  I've had to have innumerable service appointments over the past couple of years--I've always asked the technicians to take detailed notes so there should be a long, detailed service history at Comcast for my service address.  Comcast technicians have told me (and presumably documented) several times that the improperly grounded hot coaxial running into the home caused one of the coaxial runs in the home to the devices to melt.

Comcast has paid to repair my television that was destroyed as a result of this issue, but is not willing to pay to repair the coaxial run to that television/room.  That doesn't make sense.  I have confirmed with Centerpoint, our local electric utility, that it is NOT a open neutral or issue related to the electric service to my home.  I've confirmed this twice and would be happy to arrange a joint appointment with Comcast and Centerpoint to discuss if necessary.  

Please see the attached photos and advise.  Please also note the service dates, this was not a one time issue.  Thank you.

most used tv to melt as well. Melted Coax and unconnected ground wire (Feb 2019)Melted Coax and unconnected ground wire (Feb 2019)Melted Coax (Feb 2019)Melted Coax (Feb 2019)technician repairing (Feb 2019)technician repairing (Feb 2019)Melted Coax From Service Appt in Aug 2017Melted Coax From Service Appt in Aug 2017

Note discoloration of the ground block.  Centerpoint energy voiced concern of condition.  Nov 2019Note discoloration of the ground block. Centerpoint energy voiced concern of condition. Nov 2019

Three different times the coaxial running into my home meltedThree different times the coaxial running into my home melted