Community Forum

Debt collections

Regular Visitor

Debt collections

If your bill has been sent into collections and you pay the bill in full, how does Comcast then know your bill has been paid so the address can be unblocked for new tenants to recieve services?
Valued Contributor

Re: Debt collections

Once an address is blocked, it wouldn't matter if the bill was paid or not at that point. The new tenant just has to provide proof of residence/ID at a local service center to remove the block. (If the person setting up the service is the one who had the balance, but paid it, then proof of that payment would likely be necessary as well.)
Regular Visitor

Paid off said account. Tried get service and still cant. I don't understand. If everything us paid, why would it still be blocked? It shouldn't matter who at this point sets up new service.
Expert

@Jenny47 wrote:
Paid off said account. Tried get service and still cant. I don't understand. If everything us paid, why would it still be blocked? It shouldn't matter who at this point sets up new service.

Were you given a reason why you can't get service now?  Did you receive something showing that you paid the account in full?

You may end up having to pay a deposit or have a credit check run now.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Never was given a reason why. And yes I have oriif said debt was settled. Just at a loss. Don't understand why this guy Kurt in whatever detective dept hes in has such a vendetta against us. I honestly an at a loss on what to do
Official Employee

Hello Jenny47,

I would be more than happy to look into this issue for you and help you get this all figured out. Please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can assist.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!