Community Forum

Death of account holder

Highlighted
New Poster

Death of account holder

My husband died. I need to put my name on the account and have information about the account come to me.  I've been calling all afternoon but no matter how many times I ask to speak to an agent, it tells me to reply to a link it is sending - to my husband's phone. He died without giving me his phone password. I can't reply to that link. I can't see that link. I need to speak to a human. I've called for hours trying every selection that is in the response tree. I've tweeted and I've asked for help on Facebook. I know many of your customer service people are working from home but I need to get my name on this accpunt because bills - not just Comcast - are going to his email.  I need to be able to get access to the things I have to pay now. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Death of account holder

@NynaeveOmeara I am so sorry about your husband passing away.  Blessings and prayers for you.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Death of account holder

I'm so glad you reached out to us NynaeveOmeara! 

You have our deepest condolences. Dealing with a loved one's passing is never easy and I'd love to help you with managing his account so you can spend your time focusing on more important things. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!