Community Forum

Deals for Existing Customers

Regular Visitor

Deals for Existing Customers

I have been a Comcast customer for a number of years, and my bill has continually gone up and up and up to a point that I can no longer continue to pay.  I originally started with the preferred double play package, and over the course of my service, that evolved into the triple play in an attempt to keep my bill lower, even though I don't need or use a home phone.  

I have called customer service NUMEROUS times, and all it has done is increased my frustration.  I have requested removing phone, and was told that would increase my bill.  I was told more than once, that there was nothing that could be done, and if I didn't like it, I could cancel my service.  Another time it was suggested that I upgrade to the quad play with home security, which would cost even more, and I have no use for because I rent an apartment.  

I contacted competitors for pricing on similar services (minus phone since I don't need that) and changing providers would result in about a 40% reduction from my current bill.  I understand there are minor differences in what is provided, so I didn't even ask customer service if they could match the competitor pricing; I asked if they could make the new customer preferred double play promotion available to me as an existing customer (it is not quite as good as the competitor’s offers, but I thought that was a fairly reasonable request).  However, I was told no, that that promotion is ONLY for NEW customers, NO EXCEPTIONS.  When I said it seemed strange that they would provide better deals to new customers and take better care of them than an established customer who has always paid on time, I was treated very rudely, told I was trying to abuse the system, and that if I wanted the new customer promotion, I should cancel my service and come back in 6 months. 

Like I mentioned, I tried multiple times to call customer service to come up with a solution before my bill went up with no luck.  I just had a baby at the end of November.  Between the newborn and the holidays, this fell to the wayside, and now I have been ridiculously overcharged for the last 2 months.  I am to the point where I really do not have any more time to play these games.  This is my final attempt to come up with a solution or I will be cancelling my service and changing providers.  I would prefer to stick with Comcast for convenience and the fact that I have never had any major issues with the service, but I will not continue to be overcharged. 

Contributor

Re: Deals for Existing Customers

Use the phone, and explain your problem-tip-it may take many calls.

Regular Visitor

If you would read my post, you would see that I HAVE called MANY times, and my point is that I don't have the time to continue having hour long phone calls just to get nowhere and be treated like garbage. I am not going to keep jumping through hoops and playing this game wasting my time to give them my money. If they value my business, they can reach out to me on here to try to come up with a solution. If they do not, that is fine too, and my next phone call will be at the end of the week to cancel my service and switch to AT&T.
Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.