Community Forum

Data caps and remote learning

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Data caps and remote learning

The last three months I've gone over my 1.2TB cap. Prior to the pandemic I had never went over my cap. Unfortunately last month was my free pass for not having to pay.

School is starting, and all four of my children's schools have a remote learning plan. Each of them will basically be in a zoom meeting for their classes.

It's inevitable that I'm going to hit the cap. Xfinity needs to address this issue by permanently removing these data caps. It's not right that I am going to be penalized for a situation that I have no control over. That was basically the case the last three months, only now its amplified because my children's education depends on having internet service at home.

I'm so irritated with Comcast in general for another separate issue (my dad passed away in January and trying to cancel his account has been a freaking nightmare and you won't stop charging me).
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Data caps and remote learning

@bglover wrote:
The last three months I've gone over my 1.2TB cap. Prior to the pandemic I had never went over my cap. Unfortunately last month was my free pass for not having to pay.

School is starting, and all four of my children's schools have a remote learning plan. Each of them will basically be in a zoom meeting for their classes.

It's inevitable that I'm going to hit the cap. Xfinity needs to address this issue by permanently removing these data caps. It's not right that I am going to be penalized for a situation that I have no control over. That was basically the case the last three months, only now its amplified because my children's education depends on having internet service at home.

I'm so irritated with Comcast in general for another separate issue (my dad passed away in January and trying to cancel his account has been a freaking nightmare and you won't stop charging me).

This might help.  https://dataplan.xfinity.com/unlimited/

Did you submit a copy of your father's death certificate?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks.

I did submit a copy of his death certificate, returned the modem, and had the customer service representative tell me the cancellation was done and that I wouldn't be charged going forward. After the first call didn't actually cancel, Ipaid a bill for three months of service at his vacant home in hopes it would reaolve the issue.
Highlighted
Expert

@bglover wrote:
Thanks.

I did submit a copy of his death certificate, returned the modem, and had the customer service representative tell me the cancellation was done and that I wouldn't be charged going forward. After the first call didn't actually cancel, Ipaid a bill for three months of service at his vacant home in hopes it would reaolve the issue.

I escalated the issue regarding your father's account.  Someone from the Corporate Team available to these forums will respond to you so check back often.  In the meantime, please don't send a PM to any of the OE's as it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You should also be able to discuss your other problem with the OE once you're contacted.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello @bglover, thanks for reaching out to our Digital Care Team through our Forums page. We appreciate you being a customer with us! I truly apologize for any frustration or inconvenience we have caused you thus far when trying to work with us on these concerns. I absolutely understand your concerns around the Data threshold especially during these troubling times and everyone being at home. My deepest condolences on your Father's passing, I would love to assist you with his account as well as, the Data threshold concern. 

Can you please send me a Private Message including your first and last name as it appears on the account? 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “Send a message". 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAmira - I replied to your message from Friday on Sunday (Aug 23), and I haven't heard back. All my kids are now e-learning via zoom and we're once again approaching our data cap so I would like to get this resolved asap.

- Brian
Highlighted
Expert

@bglover 

@ComcastJonathan re-escalated your thread, and I have notified another OE as well, so you should be contacted by someone from here tomorrow.  I'm really sorry about the delay here.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I appreciate that!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastJonathan
@Again

I haven't been contacted, so I suppose at this point in the day I shouldn't expect to hear from anyone. smh