Community Forum

Damaged Utility Box cover

New Poster

Damaged Utility Box cover

We had Comcast troubles quite a few months ago which were diagnosed as trouble with the cable from the pictured utility box to the telephone pole from which our house TV/Internet is connected.  We had two comcast service calls, the first of which left a temporary cable lying on the ground from this utility box to the comcast entry point on the exterior of our house so as to bypass the defective cable.  The second call was to restore our house connection to the telephone pole and service the portion of the cable between the pole and the in-ground utility box.  The technician on the second service call was alone and not able to service that portion of the cable and so ran another cable from the box and lying on the ground over to the pole to have the needed point for connecting our service.  All of this work involved leaving the utility box cover ajar so that the cable could emerge from it and run over the ground to the telephone pole.  This was fine in the short term but not so long term.  With the cover being improperly supported, it eventually broke into pieces and is now leaving comcast connections open to the elements and surely waiting to fail.  To properly fix this, the technician(s?) need to be able to pull a new cable from the box through the original conduit and on up the pole.  Just putting a new cover in place without it being properly supported by the utility box is just going to repeat the present situation.  Attempts to call comcast only seem to result in them wanting to reset my modem or to have me do things on the tv or to lead me to recordings for me to hang up and redial if I'd like to make a call.  It's quite frustrating.

IMG_20171227_143236.jpg

Official Employee

Re: Damaged Utility cover

Hi 0036, thank you for bringing this to our attention.  I can help forward this to the proper team for repair, can you please send me a private message with a preferred contact number?

Thank you