Community Forum

Damaged Caused By Contractor

Regular Visitor

Damaged Caused By Contractor

In the summer of 2017  a comcast contractor need access to our backyard (our yard contains the main boxes i guess) to service cable for a neighbor. Obviously, my wife and I had no issue with this. Following their visit, we noticed that our internet and cable stopped working. After calling comcast out to the house, they discovered that the previous person cut our line line. He fixed the issue, but left the line unburied. Next, a comcast contractor came out to bury the line and left. Over the next few weeks i noticed my grass starting to die. I'm typically at work with the sprinkler system runs it took a few weeks to notice that something was wrong. Come to find out, that contractor cut my sprinkler lines. After noticing the issue I paid a sprinkler company to fix the issue. Afterword, I called AND visited the local comcast store TWICE. I also submitted the invoice and was assured it would be taken care of. This all happened in August of 2017. Nothing happened. Fast foward to June of this year and I receive a call from and Edwin at Prime Communications, LLC in Commercity City Colorado. He ask about my sprinkler issue and if I'd had it fixed yet. Mind you, this was almost a year from the line being cut. I told him that i had fixed and submitted an invoice to Comcast for reimbursement that never came. He was eager to address which i thought was ddpositive. He had me submit 

Regular Visitor

Re: Damaged Caused By Contractor

the sprinkler invoice to him so that he could reimburse me for the damage. He actually brought the check to my job! Problem solved! Wrong, the check bounced and now i'm out an additonal $15. Again, this all begin with work that had nothing to do with me. I have spent hours of my time on this with no help from comcast. 

Expert

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

You should probably contact whoever issued you the check. If they don't make it right, it's a crime.  Comcast will typically make the contractor deal with you, but ultimately they are responsible for the damage since the contractor is their proxy. Perhaps a corporate employee can motivate the right people to get this solved for you. 

I've asked a corporate employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hi, bwill20 - My apologies for your experience. Please send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name as it's listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.  Thank you! 

Regular Visitor

when i click on your name i don't see the "send message" button. 

Official Employee

@bwill20 - Your private messaging feature is enabled. Make sure that you are signed in. At the same time, I will send you a private message as well.