Community Forum

Damage from x1 security system

New Poster

Damage from x1 security system

Called a while back to change my address. Was talked into trying the xfinity home security system. One of the points the agent used to sell this service to me was the seamless damage free installation was simple and would not cause any issues if removed. Same bs claim was made during installation. After one month I decided this service was not for me. Before I removed the door sensors and motion defector I called the service tech to see the best way to remove these devices without causing damage. He informed me what to do; however, he now stated that I might have damage to dryway and door trim because of the 3m tape. Sure enough I did my best to take them off carefully with blade and hair dryer. Damage did in fact happen on my drywall and door frames. This product does cause damage during removal and should not be sold as it currently is. This is false advertising and now my new construction home needs dry wall patching and paint. That’s unexcetable.
B236F08D-D024-475A-8667-4F96023D3CA4.jpeg
AA5A1B99-EFA3-455F-A8FA-B2AA21DB0A5E.jpeg
Admin1

Re: Damage from x1 security system

Hi mfran2 -- I can help you get a damage claim submitted for that issue. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number for authentication. I'll get a claim created for you with that information. 

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.