Community Forum

Damage Claim Process Question

Regular Visitor

Damage Claim Process Question

How does the damage claim process work? I can't find specific information on it.

I have an issue that I opened a damage claim for, but I'm not understanding if it's something that I need to get repaired and then get reimbursed for, or if it's something that Comcast is going to coordinate the repair of themselves.

I'd rather not wait too long (it's a sprinkler problem, meaning I can't water my lawn at all), so if I'm looking at a reimbursement process, I'll get the fixing scheduled myself.

Silver Problem Solver

Re: Damage Claim Process Question

Have your sprinkler company repair the sprinklers now, and have them document exactly what caused the problem, and what was done to fix it. You then use that info to go after whomever you believe was responsible.

Expert

AustinP0027 wrote:

How does the damage claim process work? I can't find specific information on it.

I have an issue that I opened a damage claim for, but I'm not understanding if it's something that I need to get repaired and then get reimbursed for, or if it's something that Comcast is going to coordinate the repair of themselves.

I'd rather not wait too long (it's a sprinkler problem, meaning I can't water my lawn at all), so if I'm looking at a reimbursement process, I'll get the fixing scheduled myself.

If you opened a damage claim with Comcast they will send someone out to inspect the damage and decide whether or not it's something they caused.  They will get back with you after the inspection with their findings.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

What's standard time to be contacted then?

When I submitted the claim, I was told I'd get a call within 24-48 hours. It's been 48 hours now, and still no contact.

Obviously, I can't go indefinitely without watering the grass, or else a small sprinkler problem turns into a larger all my sod problem.

Admin1

Hi AustinP0027 -- I can help with your damage claim. I found your claim ticket and have expedited it to the right team to handle. You will be contacted as we'll need to arrange a time to come evaluate the damage. 

Admin1

Following up on this. Our contractor partner, who caused this damage, has stated they were able to contact you and issue a check to cover the repair amount. Can you confirm everything has been worked out? 

Frequent Visitor

Shoddy, dishonest work causing wall hole damage by Comacast Tech Installler on two of our homes.    The damages are for holes created by  drilling for an outlet and an additional hole with no outlet, just a hole.  We can only guess that the tech changed his mind and left the gaping hole.  He tried to cover both holes.  One with an outlet cover  that was placed in a diagonlly tilted sloppy manner so as try and coverr the larger mishapen hole.  Beyond shameful.  Comacat should be better than this.  The worst part is we are being charged for the repair of a similar wall hole at the condo we moved out of because again it was hidden behind dresser.  I called comcast today and was told by an agent named Eric that an adjuster is suppose to call us within 72 hours o come out and assess the damage.  I wanted two separate tickets/appointments but was told the adjuster would look at my new location first and go from there ? Wanted to post so others are aware  that Comcast is liable for the damages.  And will update as to how Comcast responds.