Community Forum

DVR Return

Contributor

DVR Return

I called Saturday to question a new charge for Additional Outlet $19.95. The rep asked if the old DVR had been returned. I said yes and provided the UPS tracking number. She confirmed that I had returned it. I was told the charge was removed but Saturday night I received an email containing the following summary of services: Xfinity TV Additional Outlet $19.95 HD Technology Fee $9.95 HD/DVR Converter $7.99 Additional Outlet $2.99 Additional Outlet $2.99 Since then I received an form email from Comcast confirming the return on November 25th (Attached). Now I am being called by someone who claims they are from Comcast saying the DVR has not been received.
Problem Solver

Re: DVR Return

Hello leom,

I see that a ticket has been created on your behalf to address your concerns. When the research has been done someone will contact you.

Contributor

Thanks. I look forward to hearing from someone

Problem Solver

You are welcome.

Contributor

I haven't heard from anyone yet. I was wondering how long you think it might take to get this resolved.

Problem Solver

Hi leom,

It looks  like they are waiting for a fax of your receipt.

Contributor

I sent that information to you in an attachment to my first inquiry because the fax number they gave me (330 379-4737) either doesn't work or is always busy. I tried all night long one night and just tried it again.

Problem Solver

I have updated your ticket letting them know that you have the incorrect fax number.

Contributor

Thanks again

Problem Solver

No problem. I will be checking on your ticket through out the day.

Contributor

I called them on 8/24, got the correct number and faxed them what they asked for. Still no response from anyone.

Contributor

Sorry, I meant December 4 not 8/24.

Problem Solver

Hello leom,

I apologize that you have not heard from anyone. I do see that your concerns are being investigated. You should expect to hear from someone by Tuesday, December 22, 2015.

Contributor

Do the records show that my fax was received?

Problem Solver

It only states that it is currently being investigated and you will be contacted by Tuesday, December 22, 2015. I did update by adding that you did send the fax on 12/04/2015.

Contributor

Thanks

Problem Solver

You are welcome.

Contributor

I just received an email that I don't understand. It does not mention triple play (even though that what the web site shows as my services), seems to indicate the return of the old dvr has been accepted and the charge for the additional outlet appears gone. However there are 13 Early Termination Fee charges. Any idea what is going on?

Contributor

Xfinity TV
Digital Preferred
$86.90
HD Technology Fee
$9.95
HD/DVR Converter
$7.99
Additional Outlet
$2.99
Additional Outlet
$2.99
div_line
Xfinity Internet
Performance Internet
$55.95
div_line

Partial Monthly Charges and Credits
12/29-01/31
Digital Preferred
$95.27
11/28-01/31
Additional Outlet
$-29.84
12/29-01/31
Performance Internet
$61.36
div_line
One-Time Installation Charges
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
Early Termination Fee
$10.00
div_line
Other Charges & Credits
Monthly Package, Service and Equipment Fees $293.56
One-Time Installation Charges $230.00
div_line
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees $14.84
div_line
Estimated Total $538.40

Contributor

Also an installation charge of $230. What is that for? The upgrade to the new dvr was done by UPS and is supposed to be free.

Admin1

leom -- Your service is only for Cable and Internet. The additional outlet of $19.95 has been removed from your account. The Early Termination Fees added up to be $230. That $230 is what you're seeing under One Time Installation Charges. Although they aren't installs, that's where those charges get filed. You got them due to a package change. I have removed them as they should not have been billed. 

Contributor

Now I'm really confused, not to mention UPSET. Here's the text of the email I received on 11/28 after I agreed to switch to Triple Play, the one that caused me to question the additional outlet:

Xfinity Bundled Services

Preferred Triple Play XF
$159.95
Promotional Rate 24 Months
$-49.96

Xfinity TV

Additional Outlet
$19.95
HD Technology Fee
$9.95
HD/DVR Converter
$7.99
Additional Outlet
$2.99
Additional Outlet
$2.99

Partial Monthly Charges and Credits
11/28-12/31 Preferred Triple Play XF
$180.55
11/28-12/31 Promotional Rate 24 Months
$-56.35
11/28-12/31 HD/DVR Converter
$9.03
11/28-12/31 HD/DVR Converter
$-11.29
11/28-12/31 Digital Preferred
$-98.09
11/28-12/31 Performance Internet
$-63.16

Other Charges & Credits
Monthly Package, Service and Equipment Fees $114.55
Taxes, Surcharges and Fees $14.76

Estimated Total $129.31

My online account shows the following:

My current services:

Agreement 1: Preferred XF Triple Play: 2 Year Agreement

Your XFINITY® TV Digital Preferred

Connected

Connected

Your XFINITY® Internet Blast

Connected

Connected

Contributor

The "My Services and Equipment" section of my online account shows the following:

My online account shows the following:

My current services:

Agreement 1: Preferred XF Triple Play: 2 Year Agreement

Your XFINITY® TV Digital Preferred

Connected

Connected

Your XFINITY® Internet Blast

Connected

Connected

Problem Solver

Hello leom,

The additional outlet has been removed from your account and the Early Termination fees (listed as installs) have been removed from the account as well.

Contributor

Does that mean I'm back to the charges as shown in the 11/28 email lees the additional outlet.

Contributor

I'm at an absolute loss as to what is going on with my account. I've agreed to Triple Play twice now and I just got an email saying I requested digital preferred. I did no such thing. My last Triple Play agreement says I had 30 days from Jan 4th to cancel. Fortunately I printed it so it can't be erased on line. I'm at the point of cancelling Comcast and switching to something else.

Admin1

You're welcome. 

Contributor

Zack you helped me two years ago. I am now in the 24th month of my two play service with free HBO. What kind of offers are available to me before my bill increase I expect to see in the next billing cycle?

Official Employee

Hi leom,

I can help review your account and discuss the offers that are available to you. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!