Community Forum

DMCA help.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

DMCA help.

We have received a notification by a copyright owner, or its authorized agent, reporting an alleged infringement of one or more copyrighted works made on or over your Xfinity Internet service. I am leaving out the particulars but I just received the email and I tried to call the phone number it said to and I was hung up on when it would try and transfer me to a human. The thing is I need help as my password was changed and I am in bridge mode. #2 The item it said I downloaded I have absolutely no need of since I don't own a console (leaving out particulars again) and the game in question I haven't ever owned a previous version. Now this has me very alarmed since I am the only one who lives here this means something was hacked. I am deadly serious as I checked my logs on my wifi and they didn't get in through that. Why can't I speak to a human at the number the email said to call?
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: DMCA help.

Let me add this and that is I am set up as mac filtering so only the two mac I have listed is allowed to connect even if they had the password so it isn't my router.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I left a new post as I am beyond frustrated and very worried over this especially since I can't even contact a real human so we can figure out what is wrong and make it right. Lock this.
Highlighted
Expert

@DarkPrognosis wrote:
I left a new post as I am beyond frustrated and very worried over this especially since I can't even contact a real human so we can figure out what is wrong and make it right. Lock this.

I can understand your frustration.  We will make sure you get the help you need for this issue.

Your one post that was removed was because of abbreviated profanity.  It's in a secure place where only Experts and Official Employees can access.  No one is trying to ignore this issue.  We just have posting rules that everyone, including Experts and OE's, have to follow, that's all.  Hang in and relax.  In this day and time you don't need to stress any more than is necessary.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

OH MY Lord I just received another incident email this morning for the same file but this time it is using a different IP. Yesterday - IP Address: 73.90.207.47 and Today - IP Address: 73.90.207.63 Neither of those are my IP and I am getting strikes for something I am not doing and I am going to lose my Internet over this and I can't even defend myself and have this investigated properly. SERIOUSLY, I am really upset. If this really was me I would just take it on the chin but it isn't me and I want to know what is going on but I can't connect to anyone to find out.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I finally got a hold of security and it was someone coming in via a hotspot with my login credentials (that is alarming) so I asked if they could (should be able to) tell where those ip assignments are at but no dice. I changed my password and I am setting up 2FA so even if they have my password they would have to physically have my phone to use a wifi spot.