Community Forum

Cut my line and ran cable across the fornt of my house/and stairs

New Poster

Cut my line and ran cable across the fornt of my house/and stairs

20191010_182522_resized.jpgCables running across my steps20191010_182557_resized.jpgcable that the technician cut

I own/live in a 3 family house. I just got a new tenant on the 3rd floor and a comcast tech came out to install their internet. When I got home I noticed that my internet/cable/phone were not working. I checked with the 2nd and 3rd floor and both were working. So I was able to identify that the issues was caused by the tech who worked on the 3rd floor. While on the phone with a tech support he asked me to trace my line outside and that is where I noticed that the tech had cut my service. That was the first bad experience I had. Well the second and the most major one is that he ran a new line from the pole to the opposite side of the house ( not the side that the old line runs.) When he ran this new line he fastened the line to my siding and crossed it in front of my house. There are steps in the way and he just crossed it. If the fasteners comes undone it creates a tripping hazard in the stairs. I want to know if this is a common occurance? Also can he fasten it to the house specifically to the front without owners approval?