Community Forum

Cut my Directv cable

Highlighted
New Poster

Cut my Directv cable

I ordered Xfinity Internet, only. No tv.  I absolutely did not order TV service.  The technician came to my house today to connect the internet.  It was successful, the internet is way faster than my DSL was, but he cut the cable from my satellite dish without asking and now I have no satellite TV.  Has anyone else experienced this and is there anything I can do?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Cut my Directv cable

Many years ago when I switched from the local cable company to Dish, the Dish network tech said: Oh you're already cabled to the TV so I can use that, right?  And I said: sure.  Then, many years later, I added Comcast cable internet and the comcast tech said: Oh, you're already cabled inside the house so I can use that right?  And I said: No – Dish is staying – the cable internet needs to be separate.  So he did that.

I suggest you be outside and chatting with the tech as things are being done so there are no surprises.  What seems logical or easy to him may not seem that way to you.  This is ESPECIALLY true if you have multiple services using the same physical type of cable.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Cut my Directv cable

Agreed, I tried to talk to someone on the phone before ordering, but was told I could ask the technician when he arrived.  Unfortunately he could not really speak English and it was impossible to ask questions.  In hindsight I should have watched him, but that might have seemed creepy.  I wish he had just disconnected the cable instead of cutting it way back so the Directv tech would not have to run a new cable all the way back to the dish through my basement.  It would also be nice for Xfinity to train people not to do that.  Anyway, the internet is blistering fast so in the end I will still be better off.