Community Forum

Customer services promises to take care of the web page overcharge, but it never happens.

New Poster

Customer services promises to take care of the web page overcharge, but it never happens.

My condo association already pays for basic cable TV, so I only have to pay for internet.  The xfinity web page is charging me for both, cable TV plus Internet.

I have talked to xfinity multiple times during the last three weeks. (About five  times, via both chat and telephone)   They always promise to take care of the problem, and they always ask that I wait 24 hours, so that they can adjust the charge in the web page, but they never adjust the payment, and they continue to charge me for basic TV, which I am already paying through the condo association.

Today, I paid the amount that their customer service representatives say I should pay.  The web page threatened to charge me late fees if I don't pay the extra amount that the web page says I owe, of course.

I also turned off automatic paments, and paperless billing, because I fear I will be automatically overcharged. 

Is there anything else I should do?  Is there anybody from xfinity reading this?  Your help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Customer services promises to take care of the web page overcharge, but it never happens.

@Mike33322 wrote:

My condo association already pays for basic cable TV, so I only have to pay for internet.  The xfinity web page is charging me for both, cable TV plus Internet.

I have talked to xfinity multiple times during the last three weeks. (About five  times, via both chat and telephone)   They always promise to take care of the problem, and they always ask that I wait 24 hours, so that they can adjust the charge in the web page, but they never adjust the payment, and they continue to charge me for basic TV, which I am already paying through the condo association.

Today, I paid the amount that their customer service representatives say I should pay.  The web page threatened to charge me late fees if I don't pay the extra amount that the web page says I owe, of course.

I also turned off automatic paments, and paperless billing, because I fear I will be automatically overcharged. 

Is there anything else I should do?  Is there anybody from xfinity reading this?  Your help would be appreciated.

It almost sounds as though you signed up for a double play of tv and internet when you were trying to sign up for only internet.  Have you been looking at your bill every month to see what it says?  If it states that you have a double play bundle then technically you're not being overcharged because it's what you signed up for [probably unawares, however].  Instead of asking for an adjustment, which they can't do under the circumstances, ask to have the tv portion removed but emphatically explain that you are already paying for cable through your condo association and somone signed you up for cable when they shouldn't have.  [Obviously, to me, they didn't understand what you were needing when you called for internet.]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!