Community Forum

Customer service

New Poster

Customer service

We have had an outside cable exposed for several weeks. Someone came to bury the line 4 days ago. The cable was not buried and in most spots it was simply pulled through the grass. The tech showed up unannounced and with no ID to proper equipment. He had a shovel and nothing else. No conduit was brought. He spliced cable on the middle of the yard which was completely unnecessary. He had at least 30 feet of excess cable that he snuck behind our fence. I called customer service at least 8 times from the 30th thru 6/2 with absolutely no hint of a time of resolution. I only spoke with two people who were Americans. Every other call was obviously farmed out to othe countries. I demanded to speak with a supervisor at least 4 times. Not one time was I allowed to speak to a manager or supervisor. One time the agent “JR” told me I needed to help him because if he got a supervisor he would lose his job. The other person kept on the phone for 20 min to simply hang up on me. 

I finally spoke with an American who “escalated” my complaint yet couldn’t give me a definite date sooner than10 days. I spent hours during vacation dealing with this to only be treated rudely and get no resolution. I have told customer service that I will be canceling service this week if it isn’t resolved. We have stayed with Comcast for 18 years because they were once reasonable and used local union workers. They have only gone up in price, down in service, and farmed out the work to those who are not local and have no accountability or investment in their customers. This company has declined so much that I wold be hard pressed to eve recommend them again 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Customer service

I am having the same problem both with a cable and with customer service. I am waiting for an appt today (3rd appt, the other two didn't show up or call and they were 12 hr open appts, so frustrating). I feel your pain! I also have not been able to talk to anyone in the united states and when things arent straightforward it is difficult to get anything, but another work order filed.

Official Employee

Hello, Craiganix. I apologize for the experienced you had. You reached the right place for help! Let's get you fixed up. Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

P.S: A BIG thanks to you for being a customer for such a long time. That is simply awesome. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, Craiganix. We have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!