Community Forum

Customer service chat problem: "Phone Number is not a valid phone number"

New Poster

Customer service chat problem: "Phone Number is not a valid phone number"

I'm trying to start an online chat so that I can resolve an On Demand problem with customer service. However, I'm unable to: when I fill out the form with my name, email address, etc., and then click "Start Chat", I get the error, "Phone Number is not a valid phone number". Trouble is, there isn't a phone number field anywhere on that form!

I see from other posts on this forum that this is an issue that people have been reporting since at least November of last year. Could someone please fix it, or provide some other text-only method of communicating efficiently with customer service? I really want to get this On Demand problem resolved as currently I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.

Thanks.

Expert

Re: Customer service chat problem: "Phone Number is not a valid phone number"

wrote:

I'm trying to start an online chat so that I can resolve an On Demand problem with customer service. However, I'm unable to: when I fill out the form with my name, email address, etc., and then click "Start Chat", I get the error, "Phone Number is not a valid phone number". Trouble is, there isn't a phone number field anywhere on that form!

I see from other posts on this forum that this is an issue that people have been reporting since at least November of last year. Could someone please fix it, or provide some other text-only method of communicating efficiently with customer service? I really want to get this On Demand problem resolved as currently I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.

Thanks.

You can post about your problem here, as long as you leave out any personal identifying information.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: Customer service chat problem: "Phone Number is not a valid phone number"

Hi @cfain

I'd be more than happy to help with your services issues. Could you provide more details of your experience so I can begin to investigate?