Community Forum

Customer retention

Regular Visitor

Customer retention

Ive been a customer of Comcast for over 30 years and slowly but surely the price of their service increases.  A recent increase has led me to look into alternatives and to call customer service to see if a better deal was available for my current programming. The short answer was no better deal was available and when i pointed out that I could save money by changing to a different provider every 2 years it made no difference. does anybody know how to contact Customer Retention to deal with them presonnaly before i cut my Comcast cord. Thanks Steve

Official Employee

Re: Customer retention

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

At the end of Nov. 2017. I experienced service interruptions and called to support. They were not able to restart my modem SB 6121 and suggested technician come. He found nothing wrong on my side and suggested to replace this model with the new one. I found in blogs that in Feb. 2016 Comcast pushed security patch and since that time Comcast couldn’t restart such type of modem. I called to support and asked don’t charge me for a tech visit. Nevertheless, I was charged $60 for the tech visit. After that, I called 3 times to support and representatives promised to check with the manager to credit my account $60 and let me know but NOTHIG happened. This is ridiculous! I am thinking to use unlimited Internet option at T-mobile account and finish my experience with Comcast.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

Customer service called me today and offered me slightly better service on TV and Internet for $1 more than I am currently paying, guess they didnt understand I'm trying to CUT MY BILL down.

Official Employee

Thank you Stephen1001, if you need me to check for a better rate I certainly can. 

Regular Visitor

I called trying to reach retention and was told there was no such thing. When i tried to call back i kept getting hung up on. My contract is up next month and I need to change my plan, especially need to up my internet speed. When i look online there are no plans that are close to what I have as now the internet does not include the free basic cable that I have with a couple premium channels.  How can i can't ahold of a real person who can help me?

New Poster

Hi ComcastShane, Any chance you could help me out with checking for a better rate?  My bill spiked this most recent bill.  

Official Employee