Community Forum

Customer "service"? How about OVERKILL?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Customer "service"? How about OVERKILL?

My Comcast landline phone service is currently down.  I phoned in earlier today from my cell phone to report the problem, describing in detail what the problem is.  The rep went through all the steps (unplug, plug back in; sending a signal; etc.).  When none of that worked, he made an appointment for someone to come here tomorrow afternoon.  So far, so good. 

Since my home phone is out of order, I made the mistake of giving the rep my cell phone number to contact me IF NECESSARY.  My Internet is working, so I was fine getting an email confirming the service appointment.  And I was fine getting a text message on my cell phone with the same confirmation of time and date.  Then I received a voicemail message on my cell to please call regarding my appointment.  I figured it was to confirm it (yet again) or to change it.  So, I returned the call.  What a complete waste of time.  This was someone in an overseas call center (meaning that they were hard to understand, even worse trying to hear them on a cell phone) with all sorts of questions -- "Which lights are blinking on your modem?  Which ones are on?  Which ones are off?  Did you do this?  Did you do that?"  Didn't I go over all that with my first call to report the problem??  Yes, I did!  So, what was the purpose of doing it all over again???? 

I finally asked, "Are you sending someone to my home tomorrow for this or not?"  "Oh, yes, madam!"  Then what was the purpose of this call???  This call was not NECESSARY.  It wasn't helpful, it had no purpose.  It was repetitive, irritating and unnecessary.  It wasn't "service" -- it was overkill.  It was way overdoing it.

I've changed my settings to get NO calls for ANY reason on my cell phone.  I shouldn't have had to do that.  Once I get this issue resolved (tomorrow), I'll remove my cell phone number from my account.  Otherwise, who knows how many "follow-up" calls I'll have to put up with. 

Official Employee

Re: Customer "service"? How about OVERKILL?

Hello @mrshvd3, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I definitely see how this could be very frustrating and inconvenient, so I do truly apologize for that. I will absolutely be getting your feedback passed along to hopefully avoid this happening again in the future. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns as well. Thanks and we value you being a Comcast customer! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

@ComcastAmira wrote:

Hello @mrshvd3, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I definitely see how this could be very frustrating and inconvenient, so I do truly apologize for that. I will absolutely be getting your feedback passed along to hopefully avoid this happening again in the future. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns as well. Thanks and we value you being a Comcast customer! 

Thank you, I appreciate that.  So will other customers, I'm sure. 

When I tried to pin down the exact reason for the call (since no reason was given other than "regarding your appointment"), the man said it was "to be sure that you as an esteemed customer are receiving our most excellent service."  How???  By making me pay for a cell phone call that was inconvenient and useless?  And their reading a ridiculous reply from a sing-songy script is another complaint, by the way.  Perhaps better customer-interaction training is also in order.  Get rid of the excessive, flowery language. 

Thank you, also, for your reply.  Have a good day.

Official Employee

I understand your concerns here and I have forward this information and feedback to our leadership. Thanks, I hope you enjoy the rest of your day and weekend as well. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!