Community Forum

Customer loyaty

New Poster

Customer loyaty

I am disgusted with Comcast - my cost keeps rising for the services I have.  I see advertised costs at far less but once you are a customer they just keep tacking on new charges.  How do I get back to a reasonable cost for service without cutting my service back to basically nothing good?

Regular Visitor

Re: Customer loyaty

Hello!

I am just now cancelling my service. Here is my advice based on doing so: log into Xfinity. Go to "support". Type "cancel" into that search bar and go to "cancel/modify account". Then under "need to cancel or downgrade" go to the chat there. Talk to that person about how you have to cancel. They are the ones that can offer a discount, or give you free credit, or so on.

Everyone else you talk to - through chat or phone - will be "sales" or "retention" or some other department. Their job is to keep you paying what you are paying. They maybe can find a new promotion for you. Maybe. But after contacting Xfinity 5 times in multiple ways, the only time they finally offered me any discounts or lowered prices that were worth anything was when I finally found another provider and went to cancel my service through the above link.

I pleaded with people on the phone. I said "are you telling me there is NO ONE ELSE I can talk to who can help me find a price I can live with" and they said, without hesitation: no, there is absolutely no one else, and your rate is the best possible. They did this to me 5 times through phone and chat! And then I finally go to cancel and they offer me a lower rate.

If they'd done that any of the first 1-3 times I contacted them, I wouldn't be cancelling. But they didn't, so now I am. Maybe you can use that information to help you stay as a customer and get a rate you can live with?

Official Employee

Re: Customer loyaty

Hi pkzmom, 

Thanks for reaching out. No need to call in and speak with the loyalty department to try and lower your rate.I'd be more than happy to review the current offers in your area to see if we have something that would lower your rate again. Please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.