Community Forum

Customer Service

New Poster

Customer Service

What is the point of having a "Customer Service" department if they don't actually offer customer service? Over the weekend after being frustrated with multiple service outages I called to cancel my Comcast service. The woman I spoke with seemed indifferent to my complaints. I told her I wanted my service canceled in 30 days. She made no attempt to retain me or address my complaint she just stated that it would be turned off in 30 days. Later that evening our service was terminated. When I called the automated system did not recognize our account as valid. After multiple attempts to reach someone I was told that the account had been terminated and that the department that needed to turn the service back on was gone for the day. I would be without service until I could reach them the next day. When I explained that the service was not supposed to be terminated for 30 days he stated that the person that filled out the form had recorded that information but forgot to enter that date on the form in the proper box! I had a work project that I needed to do from home the next day (Saturday) so this really put me in a bind with no internet. I called the next morning and the same result; the system did not recognize me! Finally, after two calls of 23 minutes, 43 minutes, I was able to reach someone that was able to turn my service back on. 

The kicker was that because they had wrongly terminated my service they could not offer me the same rate and that I would be charged more for the service that I was unhappy paying for in the first place, unbelievable! I needed to get my service back on to complete my work project so I agreed. I then asked to speak to a manager so that I could voice my frustration and she put me on hold. Several minutes later I was disconnected. Calling back again the system once again did not recognize me. I was finally able to get my service up and running after speaking to another rep. 

So now, I'm paying more money for bad service than I ever did and I'm trying to locate a reputable cable company. This has been a miserable experience and I will be warning anyone that will listen to stay away from Comcast in the future!

Expert

Re: Customer Service

Hi @danmindo,

Yikes, what an ordeal.  Sorry to hear about your issues. Smiley Sad

I've asked a corporate employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

danmindo, that is not the experience I wanted for you. I'd be happy to see if we have a better rate for your current services and also address the issues you're seeing with connectivity. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have same problems with xfinity customer service. OMG! They serve that look like they don’t need customers. Company need to train customer service like Victoria’s secret and Amazon services. They are the best. Xfinity customer service is terrible, they do not give resolutions for problems and make me feel unsatisfied and I said I will cancel it because your company does not meet my needs, and They said like I can cancel it , it’s up to me. Terrible! 

Official Employee

Hi @Tn52

I'd like to apologize for the experience you had and see if there's any way I could help address your issues to make this right for you? Can you share more details of your experience?

If you would like to see if I can help, send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.