Community Forum

Customer Service

New Poster

Customer Service

After a 9 year separation from Comcast, I became a customer again in Dec 2017.  One month later, I've already been experiencing some problems.  My installer had to use 2 modems, since I was getting a weak signal on the first one.  He graciously scratched his head and gave me his supervisors number, with a comment that I would have to contact him, he'd done all he could.  Since the installation was on Dec 27th, I thought I'd wait to contact him after the New Year holiday.  When I did, he informed me that my weak signal was due to getting only the 25 mb speed and that I would have to increase that to get a better signal.  Speed = signal?  Ok, fast forward to a short 2wks later and I start experiencing a total failure in internet and phone (forgot to mention I only have phone and internet with them)  service.  Now I call and get told that I've lost my service for unforseen reasons beyond they're control.  But the customer assistant was really pushy to get me to get the balance of the bill (installation fees) that I had prearranged to split over 2 months.  I've explained that I need the to phone contact 911, since I'm in poor health and if this problem is going to be consistent then I need to escalate the problem, so I don't find myself in that situation.  She informs me that I need to go to a comcast store to escalate the problem.  I inform her that I will wait for her to pick me up since my health prevents me from driving.  She says she'll credit my acct for 30.00 for my inconvenience and that she will put me through to a supervisor.........It's still ringing.  I guess I get the hint......Fool me once, shame on me, twice - guess I'm <forums violation>!!

Official Employee
Official Employee

Re: Customer Service

2ndtimecustomer, thanks for posting. I'd like to take a look at these signal issues. Please send me a private message with your full name and your account number for help. 

KenF

New Poster

Ken, I apologize for the delay in responding.  I don't use the xfinity mail service and only log onto it once a month.  I am concerned about the signal issue - not that it's slow for what we do with the internet, but the installation technician pointed out that it was slow when he installed it.  I don't know, maybe he was new or maybe there was some truth in what he was saying.  That being said, when I did contact supervisor and inform him of the issue, his response was to tell me that it was due to me only getting 25mb of signal strength.  I'll assume that he has some kind of device, laptop or something else, that he can see this from where ever he was when we were having the conversation.  This is really minor in the whole scheme of things.  However it's par for the kind of response with problems we had with Comcast in the past which made us leave in the first place.  Which was about 7 yrs ago.  And even that is minor.  What really stuck a nerve was losing all internet and phone service.  I called and explained it to the customer service rep, who seem more concerned with the balance of my account than with the issue I was calling about.  Granted, when she did grasp importance of my problem, she offerred to credit my account 30.00.  This is all fine and I greatly appreciate it.  However, my problem WAS that I was losing this connection (phone and internet) which is my only connection to communicate.  You see, at my age, my health has become an issue that I have to constantly monitor.  If I do have some sort of medical episode and I have to dial 911, well guess what my chances will be if I have no PHONE service.  You see, the customer service rep seemed to assume I was worried about the loss of the internet - wrong!  As she put it, there was an outage - which is beyond our control.  Well this outage occured more than twice which prompted me to call in the first place.  Furthur more, it's happened at least twice since then.  I'll be honest, I switched from Consolidated only cause Comcast offerred a better price for the phone/internet bundle.  However I wasn't aware when I did it that it came with monthly outages that were beyond anyones control.

Official Employee

Hi 2ndtimecustomer, 

I'm following up for Ken who's currently out of the office. I can definitely understand why losing access to the phone service would be a concern. I'd like to look deeper into a few things on my end to see if there could be anything else affecting your services that I can fix, or signal related that may need to be addressed by a tech. If you could verify your account information in a private message, we can come back to this public post and continue engaging once I do some troubleshooting.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the phone number, or account number associated with your services.