Community Forum

Customer Service

Highlighted
New Poster

Customer Service

I recently had a death in the family and was out of the country setting up arrangements.  I called Comcast to make arrangements to pay my bill and was able to do so.  When I returned, I found out that my checking account had been hacked into and my bank had to send out a new debit card which they say takes 7-10 business days to receive.   Due to my working hours, I was unable to make it to the bank to make any kind of withdrawal.  I called and spoke to a representative that was outsourced to the Philippines.  The rep assured me that they could push the arrangement until Wednesday of the next week.  The next day, my service was shut off.  I called and spoke to several reps (all outcourced), which I have discovered is an exercise in futility, and they just said I needed to make the payment or they would not restore service.  I tried to explain that I do not have a card to make the payment and they system was not allowing me to take it out of my checking.  (What happened to the rep that was supposed to set this up? Oh, that;s right!  NO NOTES!) They had no answer.  I called again this morning and was told to set up the cash app and I should be able to make the payment that way, which I did.  THIS ALSO REQUIRES A DEBIT CARD!!  Let me just add that this is the icing on the Terrible Service Cake.  I have been calling for 4 years to complain about the terrible internet service.  4 techs have been sent out and I have had 2 replacement boxes.  The techs keep saying that it's something outside and there is nothing they can do so they will report it.  After the rep told me to set up a cash card this morning she also informed me that they replaced some of their boxes to improve signal with houses with more than one wifi user.  They completed this in JANUARY...my last call was in MARCH about the terrible service.  I have already reached out to AT&T and will be changing service!