Community Forum

Customer Service to get help for connectivity issues, billing, etc is TERRIBLE!

New Poster

Customer Service to get help for connectivity issues, billing, etc is TERRIBLE!

Dear Comcast,

Having been a customer for close to 17 years now, I am beyond dismayed at the customer service.   We had internet connection problems starting on Friday, December 08, 2017 and had an order for a technician call.    The customer service on the phone acknowledged that it seemed to be an outside problem and that we would not need to be at the house for this service call.   Well,  after missing the first appointment, it was in fact we did need to be here and had to reschedule.    They came out the 2nd time and tried to resolve the situation, however it only seemed to be a bandaide---we continued for a week and half to have connection problems.   After the whole street finally called in, they did realize their were problems on their electronics outside "down the line'" and it was resolved eventually on December 19th for my home.  However, I noticed a troubleshooting residential bill of $70 on my bill and called to get it resolved.  Because the original ticket on Dec 08 was coded wrong they will not take it off, although if you look at the entire sequence of events it is obvious that it was Comcast's equipment outside the entire time that was the problem.   The most frustrating part is when customer service says they cannot do anything about it and I either have to accept that they will credit me for not having internet for this period of time or have nothing at all---what???  They keep saying they will not be able to credit the $70 residential call.   Again...WHAT in the world???   After getting a manager, the only thing she can do is give me a new rate for my internet for 12 months.   I had to in the end accept that or have nothing at all.   I am beyond flabbergasted and want to know where is the COMMON SENSE here?   This leaves the customer without a good resolution when they should be able to follow the whole sequence of events and see that it was not the customer's technical issues/problems with this whole event.    Please can you help with this???   This is entirely wrong to charge me for the call when it is recorded that it was an outside problem all the time.  On top of it, somewhere with all of this my brand new modem was fried (less than a month old and a 3.0 DOCSIS--so yes, it was compatible and authorized for Comcast use).  Now I have to lease one from you until I can buy a new one.    I have not asked you to replace it, but at least take off the residential technician call off of my bill.     

I am still in shock at the turn of events and also how I exploded over the phone.   Your agents don't deserve such language, but they also need to have the common sense and information to be able to handle service related incidents.   Somehow, Comcast needs to figure out Customer Service.   Please HELP~!!

Official Employee

Re: Customer Service to get help for connectivity issues, billing, etc is TERRIBLE!

Hi jpotter102, 

I'm sorry for the experience you've had while trying to get your service issues resolved. This isn't what we want for our customers, and I would like to make it right. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

New replies on this public thread will be blocked to avoid others from piggybacking or hijacking the post. If anyone needs assistance or has concerns about your own account, please create a new public thread and one of our moderators will reach out to you soon.