Community Forum

Customer Service led us wrong on package change!

Regular Visitor

Customer Service led us wrong on package change!

I chatted with Xfinity customer service regarding a billing discount that had recently dropped off our bill to see if we could receive another similar promotion.

They offered us a different package  "premium bundle" to replace our current package "XF Bundle".  Told me it would provide same channel coverages, except the equipment boxes would not be included and we would pay the monthly service on them but the package would be a savings.  So instead of paying $254 a month plus taxes, our bill would :

X1 PREMIER TRIPLE PLAY
TV Digital Preferred
Internet Extreme 150
Voice CDV Unlimited Primary Line
$164.99 / mo
The pricing for X1 Premier Triple Play is subject to the terms of your 24-month term agreement: $164.99 per month for 24 months.

I explicity asked, would this change our channel lineup, and customer service confirmed again, NO, just that the boxes would not be included anymore and would be billed for them.  So, we agreed to the change.

Well, come today, one day after giving up our package that was HD Complete XF Bundle

HD Complete XF Bundle :  $254.95 plus other fees = $272.60  monthly
Includes Digital Premier, TMC, Sports Entertainment Package, Streampix, HD Technology Fee, Anyroom DVR Service, Up To 3 Additional Outlets, Extreme 105 Internet, XFINITY Voice Unlimited and Internet/voice Equipment

The customer service rep told it would now be:$164.00 plus 3 boxes @$9.95 each and Internet/Voice Equipment Rental@ $11.00 each and other normal fees = $233.47  estimate of new monthly bill.    
X1 PREMIER TRIPLE PLAY
TV Digital Preferred
Internet Extreme 150
Voice CDV Unlimited Primary Line
Equipment & Services

Service with TV Box
$9.95 / mo

Service with TV Box
$9.95 / mo

Service with TV Box
$9.95 / mo

DVR Service
Cancelled

Service with TV Box
Cancelled

Service with TV Box
Cancelled

Service with TV Box
Cancelled

Published Listing
$0.00 / mo

Internet/Voice Equipment Rental
$11.00 / mo

Additional XFINITY Monthly Charges

Broadcast TV Fee
$8.00 / mo

Regional Sports Fee
$6.75 / mo

Taxes, Surcharges & Fees

Estimated Taxes, and Government & Other Fees
$12.88 / mo

Next Bill

Estimated Monthly Bill
(Excludes one-time charges.)
$233.47 / mo

Go to xfinity.com/myplan for a view of your monthly services.

The new plan would save us $39.13 each month.

Well, we were mislead here.  We just learned that one of the channels we watch everyday, The Military History channel (284) is no longer included in our package.  It was part of the Sports Entertainment Package, which was part of our HD XF Bundle and was NOT included in our new package.   

When I chatted with Comcast Customer Service tonight, they offered to provide us with a "promotional" rate of $4.99 to "add" this sports package back into our coverage - which would end in 12 months and then revert to $.9.95 a month!

Well, sure sounds like we were very mislead here by the rep that pushed this new package onto us two days ago saying this new package would provide the same channel lineup and faster internet, but that we would only have to pay for our boxes.

What I'm upset about is that this person misrepresented this package change to us!   It was "NOT" the same channel lineup, minus the boxes .  We do not rent our router from comcast anymore, so that Internet/Voice Equipment Rental for $11.00 should NOT be included in this new bill.

AND did not include the Military History channel (which was part of the Sports Entertainment Package", which we were not aware was going to drop off as well.)   We had a much better package, channel lineup and box equipment included.

Can you please help correct this problem?  This person led us down a wrong path here and took away a package was was much better.  We used to get a $20.00 discount too on it, which was what I was calling about.   Instead they took us the wrong direction .  If we wanted this one channel back, we have to purchase the Sports package again .  Promotion right now if $4.99 a month = $60.00 extra a year, and then after 12 months will go up to $9.95 a month.  

So if you add that back into the picture, we will almost be back up to what we were paying, for less services and equipment!!!

We are very unhappy right now with Comcast.  We have been loyal, pay our bill each month on time, customers with Comcast for over 15 yrs now...but after this, we are very tempted to drop comcast all together and try another vendor.

I think it's only right that Comcast add the Sports Package back into our current package at no cost and remove the $11.00 fee for a unit we are not renting from comcast anymore.

Can you please help us here with a better package deal?

Upset customer

Expert

Re: Customer Service led us wrong on package change!

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Customer Service led us wrong on package change!

Hi northga1, 

Sorry for the experience you had while trying to get help lowering your monthly rate. I'd like to review your account to see how I can help make this right for you. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the account number or phone number associated with your services. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!