Community Forum

Customer Service...........UP SELLING NEVER stops.....BEWARE...have your SHIELDS UP

Contributor

Customer Service...........UP SELLING NEVER stops.....BEWARE...have your SHIELDS UP

7-1-2018, I called in the have tech support fix my modem problems.  I used the Comcast Cistomer Service number: (800) 934-6489.

Whoever answered, I ask if this was tech support.  They said yes they could help.  I ask them, "Can you roll and re-provision my modem, and confirm that my modem's provisioning and data in the Comcast account database is correct and complete?".  He ask if I had streaming.  I told him I only surf the net.  He said he was going to initiate a "trial of streaming" in order to help me fix my issue.  After listening a couple more minutes and never getting an answer to rolling and re-provisioning, I told him NO I AM NOT INTERESTED in ANY streaming service and ask him if he KNEW what rolling and reprovisioning was.  He said no, and said he could connect me to tech support, who really did help me.  BOTTOM LINE is CUSTOMER SERVICE is TRAINING their employees to UP SELL, UP SELL UP SELL and UP SELL, no matter how mad they make their current customers.  Maybe they ALL work on COMMISSIONS?  This is a HORRIBLE business plan, for which the CEO has PROMISED would change for the better.  Evidently, since he said that 4 years ago, NOTHING has changed!!  Comcast Customer Service will try every dirty trick they were TRAINED to scam you into adding more services and costs to your monthly bill.  LISTEN CLOSEDLY to everything these snakes are saying and DO NOT allow them to add unwanted services.  It should not be this way, but when you interface with Comcast, its like going down a dark alley full of thieves!